Solium Infernum remake by the Armello devs

Send us your Armies (or best Hellish infantry!) Don will provide the donuts…

Crazy thing is I love donuts. I just can’t eat them anymore. sad face.

congrats Vic :) and in my home town Melbourne as well! if you do turn up here, maybe we can throw a qt3 partay ;) without donuts, sadly… crosses Brunetti off the list

For my purposes those would be much more interesting - I’d buy either in a second. Solium Infernum always seemed lovely but multiplayer-only games just aren’t much use to me.

The website did seem to have a single player element/campaign listed. Will be interesting to see what it turns into.

RPS have a write-up of the handsoff pre-alpha demo. Sounds good, and I really like the static artwork.

The elements that make Solium Infernum an interesting game also make it basically impossible to play as a satisfying single player game.

Maybe they are planning Armello Empires.

You know the original AE is available on Steam, right? In fact, when I first saw the other thread I thought the original SI had finally made it there, too.

True, but that doesn’t mean that developing it with a new engine which supports better AI methods can’t be fun. The fun of deceiving real people in hell is much more interesting tho. And making the effort to get that experience is worth trying, if only to advance that kind of gameplay.

SI multi-player was fantastic.

Yes, and I bought it immediately. But I’d be happy to pay for it a third time if it got some of those sweet interface/aesthetic upgrades that League of Geeks is throwing around.

As a beta tester on the original, I can’t tell you how much I am looking forward to this.

I really hope they have a slick MP interface for games. I’m not looking forward to doing crappy PBE shenanigans or other workarounds to be able to log in and do turns.

Someone in the comments said the narrator sounds like a character from South Park and I can’t unhear it now.

Why not?

You guys! Devs decided to drop the demo a couple of days early. Downloading now,

This is my most anticipated game in a very long time.

I only had a couple of minutes to devote to the game this morning, but my sole complaint (other than optimization) so far is the inability to save in the tutorial, which appears to be quite lengthy. Also it appears the utility to create your own Archfiend isn’t implemented yet.

The demo does seem to include the Soliuminfernopedia, but I don’t know yet how fleshed out it is.

Thanks for flagging. I have great memories of our games on OO.

So do I. Hoping to get a game together here.

If anyone is curious, both Splattercat and Das Tactic have videos up. I really hope this does well as a result of the exposure.