Solo: A Star Wars Story: Young Han Plays It Safe (2018)

This forum needs a “Like Mike” button.

Russian marketing leak. Looks legit.

Why is Chewbacca posing?

And damnit Glover, I see you and I just think Community scifi.

That’s probably Lando’s ship, a nicer corellian freighter of some kind, which Han thinks he’s winning in the poker game (or whatever it was), but ha-ha, joke’s on Han! Lando pulls some trick and gives Han the “hunk of junk” Falcon. But ha-ha, the joke is really on Lando, his ship gets blow’d up by the end of the film!

Or something.

Teaser. Not that i’m gonna watch it:

EDIT: teaser posted at pretty much the same time as above.

The teaser makes it look a little more like Rogue One (crossed with Firefly, Cowboy Bebop, the Lego movie, etc.) than the happy-go-lucky Lando and Han ol’ buddy comedy I was expecting. It might not be bad though. I love a good story where a motley crew of space pirates gets up to no good, especially when a bunch of them are almost certain to die in a fusillade of mild scifi/fantasy violence.

Looks a lot better than I was expecting.

I’m loving fur coat Childish Gambino as Lando and Coffey Thandie Newton.

Still not convinced about Ehrenreich ad Solo.

Hey cool, a May release! Wasn’t expecting that, I figured everything Star Wars was December release nowadays.

So both Solo and Infinity War in May? Looks like a good movie month.

After seeing the trailer - my first thought was - Blade Smuggler.

Lando in a fur coat is amazing though.

Well, I’m probably back on the Star Wars train with this one. That looks really entertaining.

So this is the movie they fired the directors midway and replaced with another? Oooookay.

Yep, replaced him with some guy named Ron Howard. Sounds like a hack.

Narrator: He wasn’t.

I only have my doubts after watching the trailer. This Han Solo is like Nu-Kirk. Ron Howard is a by definition safe hands, but do we really need safe hands? It is like knowing JJ Abrams is doing Episode 9 AGAIN.

Nice! :)

This is a prequel about Han Solo, it’s going to have a certain familiar theme to it. They aren’t going to go take it in some direction that is totally different than the original trilogy and Rogue One.

Wait… Ron Howard, the famous voice actor? He’s directing movies now?