Solo: A Star Wars Story: Young Han Plays It Safe (2018)

Much better.

‘I have a good feeling about this’*

Actually this seemed decent. Potentially good. The tone was right, and Lando worked for me.

Now we wait

*a line which will either be a fun call back (forward?), or annoyingly cloying in context

Yeah, I like the looks of this. I’ll have to try to catch this one in the theater.

That’ll probably pair up with “assume everyone will betray you and you won’t be disappointed” to make the cynical Han we know and love.

I’m assuming Woody is delivering this line as he is betraying them.

“You’re one hundred and ninety years old? You look great!” was a fun line.

Now I am fired up. Hell yea. Looks like fun romp.

I think I’m annoyed at every casting decision in that trailer except for Chewie, but yeah it looks good.

People Either need to accept that Alden isn’t a Harrison Ford clone or they will never be able to enjoy the movie. Thought it was a fun trailer with the “I got a good feeling about this” being the only too on the nose thing I could have done without.

Looked all right. Hopefully uses its non-mainline status to do some interesting things a la Rogue One (still a far superior movie to either 7 or 8).

Lando++
Droid++ (high bar to match Tudyk from R1 tho)
Chewie++
Falcon++ (so fresh and so clean clean)

Han?? (didn’t love actor in the trailer, but willing to take open mind into film)

It’s possible I’ll only be truly happy if Woody is actually playing Jabba and they’re ret-ret-conning him back into a dude. Spielberg can handle the CG for the re-re-remaster of Jedi.

Sad but true. Disney can’t even manage to have the directors agree on major plot points between sequels.

You guys are wrong and Rogue One is a bad movie.

Bro. Come at me.

The truth hurts but you’ll accept it eventually.

YOU’RE WRONG AND A BAD MOVIE.

This is the truth, and this Solo movie is going to be bad too.

Solo may or may not be bad (my early feelings were not optimistic, it was not a movie I wanted in the first place), but y’all are nuts with the R1 hate. At least when @ArmandoPenblade says he doesn’t like it, it’s for a consistent reason, I.e. he has bad taste for not liking Logan either ;)

I don’t watch movies to feel sad I watch them to escape the hellish reality unfurling like a hellmouth all around me in an everexpanding torrent of misery forever.

I will watch this movie for that purpose.

It looks pretty decent, but it doesn’t look good enough to be the annual tent pole film, you now?

But do they need it to be? They’ve already nailed it with Black Panther, have Infinity War on tap this month, a new Incredibles to wrap the kids demo. I’d say they just about already guaranteed themselves minimum 4 of the top 10 grossing films of the year.