Solo work from famous musicians. That is interesting. (heh)

My favorite artistic work of his, in all mediums (that is interesting):

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6opSPmtjjkI/maxresdefault.jpg

My personal favorite Paul Simon song post-S & G (that is interesting):

( Looks at the list of categories on the front page… )
It’s ok @RichVR . You do you.

@Jason_McMaster beat me to Paul Simon. My favorites are from Negotiations and Love Songs and Rhythm of the Saints, respectively

(50 Ways to Leave Your Lover)

This is a pretty huge category… I could list Leonard Cohen songs for days. Or Dylan. Or Clapton. Or James Taylor. Or Hendrix. oR@39195
HARDWARE ERROR
KERNEL PANIC

@RichVR , my favorite Pink Floyd Alumni Solo Songs (that are interesting):

This One always hit home very, very personally for me:

We gain terrain
With the bravery of being out of range
We play the game
With the bravery of being out of range

REBOOT

Iggy ‘effin POP

Lust for Life

The Passenger

Iggy = Awesomeness

WW2 made a huge impression on Waters and Gilmour. I always loved this Pink Floyd song from The Wall the movie -

Probably not what anyone else will like, but I’ll post it anyway: I love Oasis, but Liam has made some nice stuff by himself as well. This one for example:

Wha… that’s amazing!

Parallel to Iggy during the Berlin days:

John Linnell of They Might Be Giants did a solo album called State Songs. Every song was named after a state and (except for the instrumentals) incorporated the state in a totally non sequitur manner:

I guess it’s worth mentioning John Flansburg’s solo project, too:

You are talking to the original Bowiephile (Berlin Bowie Song that is interesting):

To me “Solo work” implies the artist was in a band previously Cannedmarsupial, so Bowie is kind of…not germane. But let’s choose a song from far more appropriate member of that Berlin clique/time at Hansa studios (that is interesting):

Yeah, I went off on a bit of a tangent. A parallel tangent? Whatever. The guy collaborated with everybody. And I felt like posting some Bowie.

And now for some Neil Young

The whole album is phenomenal. Daryl Hall is on fire, which, I know, hard to imagine. This track, which is instrumental, is off the hook.

Robert Fripp makes everything better (Robert Fripp making another solo musician’s song about going solo better and interesting):

Maybe Marlon Brando will be there by the fire? (A song about the past living with us in our present that is interesting):

Saw the movie and immediately bought the album. Amazing work.

I think it’s his greatest accomplishment. Here is another Solo work by a compadre of his, that doesn’t come close to Rust Never Sleeps, but is interesting:

Even considering his vast body of work, I tend to agree. His heart and soul are in it. And Crazy Horse is a perfect fit.

A close second for me is this underrated, understated album, (of which this is a song from that is interesting):