Solo work from famous musicians. That is interesting. (heh)

Yeah, I went off on a bit of a tangent. A parallel tangent? Whatever. The guy collaborated with everybody. And I felt like posting some Bowie.

And now for some Neil Young

The whole album is phenomenal. Daryl Hall is on fire, which, I know, hard to imagine. This track, which is instrumental, is off the hook.

Robert Fripp makes everything better (Robert Fripp making another solo musician’s song about going solo better and interesting):

Maybe Marlon Brando will be there by the fire? (A song about the past living with us in our present that is interesting):

Saw the movie and immediately bought the album. Amazing work.

I think it’s his greatest accomplishment. Here is another Solo work by a compadre of his, that doesn’t come close to Rust Never Sleeps, but is interesting:

Even considering his vast body of work, I tend to agree. His heart and soul are in it. And Crazy Horse is a perfect fit.

A close second for me is this underrated, understated album, (of which this is a song from that is interesting):

I used to have a neighbor who was just nuts about Neil Young and sometimes he’d invite me over for beer, and he’d say “Come on man, we’ll watch Rust Never Sleeps.” And in my mind I’d be all, “Jeez again?” but you know, free beer.

Well, @RichVR, since you didn’t say it had to be good, I’m going to submit the most horrible solo song by an otherwise excellent musician. I’m a goddamn fan of Randy Bachman, and this is possibly the worst song I’ve ever heard. Same for the entire solo album it’s from. I think I was mostly pissed because I spent $6.98 of my hard-earned money on that vinyl. And when I was 17, $6.98 was a lot of money for me.

Are we not using the music forum any more for music?

But this is very specific.

So it isn’t music?

Well, the one I just posted isn’t music. :)

Oh wait. I just got it. This is the “Everything Else” forum. I didn’t even notice, since I clicked from the front page without looking.

:D

I’m not sure what this thread is supposed to be, since the OP is also 2 songs from the famous lead singer of a famous band doing solo material…and also two songs by a band.

But hey, I think this is about solo work from people more commonly associated with bands. Which is a cool topic, whether it’s in the hardware forum, P&R, or Everything Else.

So anyway, my contribution. Klaus Fluoride was the bassist for the Dead Kennedys, who made a name for themselves with songs like “Holiday In Cambodia” and “California Uber Alles”.

In 1988, Klaus put out his first solo album. There’s some postpunk stuff on it. There’s some experimentation on it.

And then there’s also this, which – if you were to imagine what a song by the bassist of the Dead Kennedys would sound like – completely defies expectations.

That is what I ran with, Mr. Cut. And “That is Interesting”. And Fluoride is blowing me away. I hereby give you a solo work by a member of The Clash about another Punk Bassist (that is interesting):

Explained by.

BTW, if anyone wants to move this to a more appropriate section, have at it.

I like this where it is (because it is interesting). Also some Art by musicians as a “solo work” has been posted already. I was gonna post some Don Van Vliet (Beefheart) art later as well.