Some early E3 news: Lumines II and Lumines Plus

For the PSP and PS2, respectively.

There was a lot of Lumines love here and I felt like I was missing out, but it wasn’t enough to make me get a PSP. Looks like I won’t have to miss out after all.

Yeah, when I saw that, I was all “WII!”, er, I mean, “WOOOOOOOOOO!”

Being a DS owner it looks like I won’t have to loose out either, if I can just stand the nasty Disney trappings. I still don’t understand why they have to dress it up in something like that. Just like Pokemon Puzzle Challenge, I mean Tetris Attack, I mean Panel De Pon…

A puzzle game on a home console? What’s the point?

Better sound quality, I guess. Lumines is very music-focused. Sadly, the music is very bad.

Well… you can always not miss out by getting the original, non-Disney Meteos…

Huh? What difference does that make? I play puzzle games on my PC all the time. 360 owners seem to be getting a kick out of all the Live! puzzle games. I see no reason why they shouldn’t make one for the PS2.

Lumines is a great pick, too. I love that game.

Yeah, I don’t understand all the puzzle/mini games on Xbox Live either. Puzzle games are great for a few minutes in-between when I’m sitting at the PC anyway, or when I just have to pick up a portable. But turning on the big-ass TV, turning on the console, getting the controller, waiting for the console to boot up… just to play a puzzle game for a few minutes?

Because it’s a big-ass TV it takes longer to boot up? Curious that you mention that. Also the Xbox 360 can be started from the controller, so that eliminates a step.

If you don’t like playing puzzle games for more than a few minutes at a time, you’re broken. But even if you are, it’s still really easy to pop over to the dashboard after a game of something else and play Bejeweled 2 for a few minutes.

Probably because you’re not a girl. My girlfriend LOVES that stuff.

A few minutes? Once again I think you’ve underestimated how much these games appeal to certain demographics. I’ve had entire nights of X360 gaming blown out of the water because my gf couldn’t put down Zuma or Jewel Quest or whatever the fuck those games are called.

Oblivion.

/boo hoo