Some things X Rebirth thinks about me that aren't true

Everything about this review is spot on.

To put it another way, I already played Mass Effect, Egosoft, and they did a much better job. Can you please go back to what you're good at and make X4: The Apology now?

Honestly, every screenshot of this game I've seen looks amazing. But the same could be said of previous games in the series, in a different way. I'd also hoped that they'd bring some accessibility in terms of controls and gameplay that the previous entries sorely lacked, but between you and RPS it sounds like they did violence to the cool bits of the series without actually addressing the existing issues.

"That I won’t instead download and play X3: Terran Conflict and not regret at all that I’m not playing X Rebirth."

This,

Strongly disagree on graphics - they look incredible and beautiful with great sense of scale and detail (space graphics, not interior graphics which are indeed crap). I also like the cockpit but an option to disable it for those who want to and the addition of an external view is a must!
Strongly agree on shockingly bad framerate - it's unacceptable! Strongly agree with every other point you make.

i prefer X3, that is a game of Egosoft. X:R is a shame of Egosoft. Before 1.5 i will not take a look into it again. 60 painful minutes are enough for me. the interface and handling decissions are user-unfriendly. these damned forced time-wasting animations when leaving ship or open menu... what a crazy and idiotic idea. the discount exploring is just a joke and makes in no world a sense. hyper tunnel minigame, am i a 8 years boy? They should just think about and bring a old school option by turning on full menu control, like we know and like i loved it. you are ages faster pressing a few keys than cruising around with controller or mouse. the totally senseless "return push". if you count this useless key tipping, all the players spend millions of pushes in a week for nothing.

A X game where the ppl trade person to person like on a turkish bazaar. a ship who have in no way a sight behind. damned we have actually in our cars a back driving cam and in a hyperdrive fake universe they only can handle a view straight forward? ;)
A gigantic trade corporation should be built with station walking, hand shaking a unknown-skilled person and bring this guy personally on a ship? what about a TP for this kind of moving ppl to ships? This is ages more logical. No company boss with such a gigantic income would handshake every new worker.

2 is okay for lauch version. i think if you review it in 4 month you will give it a 5-6 (you have to review this game itself, not the role in the X-history) +1 would i give alone for fact of modability. thanks to great modding teams.

if they bring/ patch back x-feeling into it, i would perhaps accept this thing too. but actually i bought a crappy console game i never wanted. i really miss the choice of ship and the outside view with great zoom to see the huge ships/stations/complexes and its life.

a bit to laugh is, that Egosoft is a german company and with release german sound files aren't complete... that is for me as german unbelievable.

you made a glaring omission

that x rebirth thinks i want to watch a slideshow on my fairly decent pc rig.

Guess I'll wait for Star Citizen...

A f**king men! Huge X fan here and I waited patiently for this?????

Well said my friend! I'll be loading it up tonight too :)

Wow, that explains a lot. What a horrible misstep.

i sat through quite a bit of the story to tryyyy to give it a chance. What "fun" happens? well, i get access to a very decent warship that i have to board, but it's so damaged that even after crewing it, it decides to crawl through the half dozen enemy heavy zones to never make it anywhere i can repair, so it gets sploded and there goes that. then you try to board a small mining ship or freighter to actually get somthing that can earn you money... and EVERY marine will die instantly...you can clear every enemy from the area, blow up all subsystems on a mining ship before you launch the party, and they'll land, and immediately die. a crippled 10 weapon system mining ship is harder to board with more marines than a 126 weapon system warship... so im stuck, in a "rising action" part of the story.

honestly... i've captured a small fleet of fighters by sending pilots into abandoned ones... aaand there is NOWHERE to repair them before they get destroyed. from what i can tell they can only be repaired at cap ship shipyards, which i've found 2 total and im not sure if they have to be in your squad or bloody what because nothings worked. none of your ships live long at all, there is 0 fleet controll, and the UI... well, everyones already said what there is to say.

very very good review, very very spot on.

How can a developer release a game that is full of game-breaking bugs from start to finish? I understand if a game has crashing issues at launch but this is different. EVERY PART OF THE GAME FEELS UNFINISHED. Bugs after bugs that I can't explain even if I try to justify it from a developer's view. It is sickening how time after time Egosoft expects consumers to bear with this sort of releases. You know a game has problems when people have to download other's save files to progress, thus destroying ANY immersion. I couldn't play this game without Google up NOT because of how hard it is but simply because the game is so bugged that I have to find ways to overcome them.

It is an insult for any developers to expect us to handle such a pile of shit. The game is fun when it does work, but Egosoft dug their own grave. There is simply no excuse, it is as if they did not hire anyone to test the game. How can a game be so full of bugs from start to finish is beyond me. They might have made quick profits but the name Egosoft is now tarnished. Good work, I have never played a game so unrefined.

I tried, I tried to give this game a chance beyond all the bugs. But the amount of bugs you wouldn't expect in a released game has done it for me. Oh and bugs get saved into your save file.

!!!SPOILER!!!

Just to name a few.

You get to board and capture ships - However since their engines get damaged there is no way for you to do anything with them other than sell it. Pathing for marines boarding gets bugged out.

Trading - Trade ships bug out

Ships you own suddenly disappears

Talking to NPC bugs out

Complete quest but doesn't register as complete

Join an epic battle - ally ships don't suit thus resulting in game over repeatedly so you have to warp away and wait for the storyline to progress itself.

If I wanted only a rant, I would visit the steam forums. How about a review now?

Why have I never heard of this site? Why have I never read your reviews?? Not only was everything in this review spot on, but I loved the format you did it in.

It masterfully grasps the idea that the game (and by extension, it's creators) assume we want all of this garbage. We want an X4.

If this is a Rebirth than I want a maturation.

Spot On. I'm still waiting for a refund on this junk

This game was totally designed for X-box, they must have taken one look at it and thought we are not releasing this garbage. So they was omg what we going to do (2 years ago, game has been in dev for 7 years) , I know we add some code and release it to our loyal fans and pretend it was for them all along. Only problem is the loyal fans are not stupid and we spotted this was a console port right off the bat. EGOCROOKS have gone to far, to rip off your loyal fan base this hard is pretty low.

Reason I know it a console port, because if you open up the files, there is like 1400+ entry code lines with x-box in it.

This is why for 8 moths leading up to release i got a bad feeling because the reasons they was giving for it only being Dx9 wasn't really logical. But being the bloody idiot I still pre-ordered because I trusted them. O the old trusting issue, well each company that rips me off has dwindled my trust more and more and to be frank this is last straw for me. I am going to start to only buy games 1 month after its been released and I can see if its worthy of my money. EGOCROOKS you was the straw that broke this camels back.

1st game I ever bought pre-release. And the last game I will ever buy pre-release.
7 years to produce a crappy buggy space sim that already had a great starting base?

Rebirth?? I would say abortion.
Did they even test play this game before releasing it? If they did the testers should be sacked.
Instead of saying they are sorry they should just give me $40 dollars back.. as this is a $10 dollar game at best. Thank god I didn't get the collectors edition.
I can understand games getting rushed out to beat a competitor for the dollar (battlefield 4 comes to mind to beat COD ghost). But this game has no competition except 5 weeks till Christmas. No excuse for the state of the game. (and by that I mean the fixable bugs, not the mortally wounded game itself).

Sorry but I found your review very hard to read. I found it hard to understand the "That X (which is opposite of Y)" hard to interpret, so I skipped that part, to continue with the rest of the review. Only, I discovered that I had skipped the entire review. I just gave up reading I'm afraid. It would have been more effective, in my opinion, as a straight piece of prose with no gimmick.