Some things X Rebirth thinks about me that aren't true

Your opening sentence is wrong. "Egosoft’s X games are the last word in open-world space sims by virtue of being the only word in open-world space sims. At least in terms of ones that are still in development."

Umm.... Elite Dangerous? Star Citizen? Limit Theory?

http://elite.frontier.co.uk/
https://robertsspaceindustries...

http://www.ltheory.com

Apart from that, yes - your review sums up a shambles of a game quite well.

Totally agree with this review, absolutely spot on. I reinstalled Albion Prelude yesterday just to be able to surpass the sadness that fills my heart, after spending months eagerly waiting for a proper space game.

Great review!!@! So glad that I leeched this game. Will do m ybest to hurt egosoft my spreading it around!

That poorly-structured sentences can get annoying after one or two repeats.

I agree with the article, just dislike the poorly-written style. Please don't tell me someone paid for this review?

This is not an X game, this is a shitty Star Wars X-Wing simulator.

On one hand I'm bummed this game is not good. On the other hand, I'm quite happy not to give any money to a Deep Silver publication, as the money trickles back to the Koch brothers, and I get the sense they want to ruin my life. Egosoft, get a different publisher, make a better game, and I'll pick it up next time. Until then the Let's Plays I'm watching show that within the first few stations I'll already want to strangle the living snot out of NPCs to end the horribly awkward and repetitive conversations.

And then they wonder why people pirate games before they would even consider buying them.

Some of us wanted a cockpit view for every ship. We just didn't want... the rest of this.

I pirated this, and would have honestly & gladly paid for it (to get the updates) had it been anything like the previous games. Glad I don't have to try & get my money back for this piece of crap.

X-Stillbirth

How long will it take the modding community to scrape the shit off this game?

I wish i'd done the same. Theres 40 quid i'll never get back.

What a disappointment. This was supposed to revolutionize the series and bring things into the 21st century! Instead it missed the mark more than Michael Bay when he made Pearl Harbor... Back to X3!!

A Tom Chick one star review with over 50 comments all praising Tom?!

Is this the internet?

:)

No offense guys, but when they said like 9 months ago that the game was being designed around the game pad to "bring the game to the living room", did you not smell this pile of crap a mile away?

fuck you chick!

Unbelievably disappointing. I'm a huge fan of the series but they took everything good out of it, and released a pile of crap. Furthermore, this game should still be in alpha, how someone can actually sell something as clearly unfinished as this without remorse is beyond me. It's obvious they didn't even have anyone even play through the campaign because you can't get any decent way through without running into a game-breaking bug that requires loading a save, or actually editing the xml save file.

Maybe they can fix most of the bugs, but it still won't be x3 worthy. The whole reason X2 and x3 where so much fun is because you could get new ships, put new weapons in them and feel like you accomplished something. This game gives you 1 ship, with very limited weapon choices, and you can only fire 1 weapon at a time. So combat is boring, trading is all but non-functional, forget about building stations...so what the hell is left?

The instant I saw a dev using a gamepad and not even a $30 joystick I knew this release was in deep, deep trouble. I feel bad for everyone who pre-purchased this, but it should be an object lesson for the future.

I went back to playing Terran Conflict, after a bug rendered Rebirth unplayable.

This is literally the worst game I have ever purchased through 30 games on steam. This is the first time I feel like I was robbed. Evidenced in this thread with 100 unique users - http://steamcommunity.com/app/...