Someone explain Twitch to me

They should do Molto Mario next. Highly educational.

She uses alot more oil and butter than I do that’s for sure.

EDIT: And thats a boatload of mayonnaise

It’s 2016, bro! Non-trans fats, salt, and cholesterol are all A-OK! It’s sugar and white carbs you want to avoid.

(Of course that is very likely to change in 2017.)

Yep. Julia Child died at age 92. You can go crazy on the butter and live a long, full life.

Although, by that logic, cigars are ok for you, too, since George Burns lived to be 100.

Like all else in life, “everything in moderation.” Butter’s not an absolute boogeyman :)

Cooking for yourself, living a very active lifestyle, and being one of the (relatively speaking) wealthiest people in the world also tend to bring about long life!

This is my favorite thing.

Also: Butter is fucking delicious. Fuck the whole stupid fat scare in the '70s-'80s right in its stupid face.

Oil! Butter! Make your food delicious, but make it food. Stop eating plastic. Dang.

Basically, yes. Eat natural food, and minimize sugar and white/processed carbs. (Until 2017 anyway.)

Julia Childs reminds of Hyacinth Bucket from Keeping up Appearances (TV show).

Didn’t see this earlier. Sarah and I have been streaming a lot lately on Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/jvmcmaster - she plays The Long Dark and I play everything.

follow my twitter if you want to know when we’re on - https://www.twitter.com/mcmaster

Well that explains a thing or two. Happened across your Twitch channel a few days back and saw you were playing Long Dark, when I opened it I heard a woman’s voice and didn’t know what to think.

Haha yeah, Sarah plays while I’m at work usually so we can have a day and night presence regularly. She’s really good at survival games (she made it to day 153 in The Long Dark) and stuff like The Binding of Isaac.

Going to be doing some cool stuff coming up with Twitch and YouTube (not just me, but the site)

This story goes in the darker side of Twitch

https://www.dexerto.com/news/twitch-donator-ac-royale-admits-scammed-followers-pay-10000-debt/35808

tl;dr - Infamous Twitch viewer “AC Royale” is known for dropping insane donations during streams. Like, anywhere from $10k to $80k at a time for a total of about $300k. It turns out that the guy was unemployed since late 2015, and had been spending his savings to maintain his lavish donating reputation. He went into massive debt and tried to scam people with a fake GoFundMe.

I felt I had to keep up appearances, which is why I took out debt in order to continue supporting streamers. I’ve always been about helping others, and I guess the love and appreciation I got from doing it made me feel good in my life when everything else has been horrible.

It would be the best option for me to leave the Twitch community altogether, because I won’t be able to face anyone anymore. I just wanted you to know that I loved each and every one of you and you all helped save my life more than once because this community is the best.

I don’t know what I’ll do now, but I am truly, truly sorry for everything I have done.
In relation to the GoFundMe from yesterday, I have requested this be cancelled and all donations refunded.

I am sorry for the way I went about things and I’m sorry for the trust and friendships I have shattered.

He needs serious counseling.

Anyone else getting these warnings in Chrome when viewing this thread? I feel like my PC is about to be infected.

Yep. I am. So far, just that first one.
Edit: Hmm. I see an empty TEMP folder just appeared in my Windows directory. Maybe the temp folder was there all along, I don’t know, but the time and date matches perfectly with when I opened this thread now.

I narrowed it down to post #177. I think it’s just a link to Twitch back when they were using Flash, so I’m sure it’s harmless.

Yes, I looked into it earlier and decided not to edit it out, because I figured I was unusual in that I don’t have flash installed. But given that others are WTFing about it, I’ll do that now.

Steve Jobs killed flash so good that now is detected as a virus when a browser find it. Hilarious.

I feel bad for young people that put too much hope into “becoming streamer” has a profession. I think is a dead end for 99.999% of them. But, I guest they will learn one of two valuable skills, like talking in public, dealing with the public opinions and that shit. That can be useful later.

It was only ever a game for the 0.001% anyway. Only that percentage of mugs chucking streams up seemed to hit that sweet viewer/subscriber gold mine.

This is interesting

If you already have a Twitch App on Roku, you do not lose it, but no new ones will be distributed.

Shit, half of what I use my Xbox for is streaming Twitch. I sure hope they don’t fuck with that.