Someone explain Twitch to me

I tried watching some of her clips and it’s just loud, cringey obnoxious edgelord stuff. Pepe the frog portrait on her deck?

Pepe the frog is ubiquitous on Twitch, where it has succeeded in remaining largely free of any political connotations.

Yeah, I tried those clips and her shtick really isn’t for me.

The kids can still play on my lawn, though.

I think you’re confused about how DMCA and copyright actually work. VODs are always an issue if they contained unlicensed music.

BTW rokoko.com has a suit for $2500

I’m sorry, but I think it’s you who is confused. Until relatively recently, Twitch would mute parts of VODs that had copyrighted music, but never threatened any streamers. Then suddenly they changed their policy and streamers were caught flat-footed.

That means the streamers affected by the recent flurry of takedowns are theoretically in a lot of trouble. The notices have been sent, and now Twitch is required to take action — even if that isn’t fair at all to streamers. But because these notices are sudden, myriad, and targeted, it’s not clear exactly how this is going to play out. Twitch says it is now building new tools for streamers to use to take down infringing clips, which will help.

But because of the way these takedowns were delivered, I also think that Twitch might bend its rules slightly. I don’t think we’ll see a corresponding flurry of bans. At least I hope we won’t because that would be a very strange precedent for Twitch to set. This mass takedown also conveniently represents a much larger question: is the way we handle copyright on the internet broken? I don’t think the answer would surprise anyone.

Read your own quote. Or the 2020 statement from Twitch discussing the issue…

Until May of this year, streamers received fewer than 50 music-related DMCA notifications each year on Twitch. Beginning in May, however, representatives for the major record labels started sending thousands of DMCA notifications each week that targeted creators’ archives, mostly for snippets of tracks in years-old Clips. We continue to receive large batches of notifications, and we don’t expect that to slow down.

NBA Miami Heat player Meyers Leonard was streaming himself playing some Warzone when he blurted this out:

“Fucking cowards! Don’t fucking snipe me, you fucking kike bitch.”

Things have not gone well for him afterwards. Banned and deleted from Twitch.

https://twitter.com/MiamiHEAT/status/1369483385882689541

The clan he invested in is cutting ties, as are sponsors Astro Gaming, Origin PC and Scuf.

https://twitter.com/FaZeClan/status/1369435605034295302

His lame apology:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMN-G35DdD9/

“I am deeply sorry for using an antisemitic slur during a livestream yesterday. While I didn’t know what the word meant at the time, my ignorance about its history and how offensive it is to the Jewish community is absolutely not an excuse and I was just wrong. I am now more aware of its meaning and I am committed to properly seeking out people who can help educate me about this type of hate and how we can fight it.”

How can a grown man in 2021 not deal with snipers in a first person shooter?

That’s pretty bad. I am sure no one has ever heard him just lose it before because we all know in the heat of the moment just random words you have never ever used before come spilling out of your mouth… or says Mel Gibson, the pizza guy and this idiot.

I know I always use words I don’t know and don’t understand to insult people over the internet. I have a random word list right there next to me, in case I need it. But not a dictionary, because then I would know what they mean.

he paused and had to think about it before “blurting” it

What an idiot. Meyers Leonard is a bench-rider who occasionally plays for a team owned and operated by a Jewish family.

So, even stupider than your average streamer.

Holy cow, how long is this id@xbox thing supposed to go? It’s been two hours and they don’t seem to be close to wrapping up.

I just know what/who CodeMiko is. And all I want to know is, what kind of rig is she rocking to get those real time animation running. The stream is all very experimental, sort of a talk show for the streaming age (with a Japanese favour, Japanese talk shows have all kinds of extra OTT effects added, and generally is OTT). But honestly I find the “Technician” more interesting in that she got all this running by herself to begin with.

I know Hololive and Nijisanji (Japanese v-tubing companies) use iPhones to capture facial movements.

The frowning/happy faces are actually triggered manually by the user.

I think what she does is a lot more intricate. There are videos showing “real” Miko and CodeMiko side by side, and CodeMiko mirrors exactly what the real person is doing, not just facial expression, but body movement. She also looks to be in full mocap body suit when streaming.

The magic words are “vtube rigging”

seems she has elbow articulation points tracked too. I don’t watch Codemiko.

I know hololive uses “live2d” for simple streams at home, but to do 3d with full body capture they have to go into the studio. They also have a hybrid solution that’s halfway but I don’t think it’s been used much because it needs considerable space.

edit:

ok this seems to explain all the parts!

yikes, the full body suit costs 11565 euro. That was AFTER they dropped the price.

Hello fellow kids