Someone Has To Win: UK General Election 2015

The polls have been too close to call for weeks. This election has all sorts of drama. And it looks like the SNP and/or the Northern Ireland contingent could be kingmakers.

And does it matter? The general consensus is that no matter who wins, the UK will continue to retreat from the global stage.

On one hand I’d rather have the whole Europe go into a further political Union, UK included.

On the other hand, if the UK leaves, the moving forward will be way, way faster… I hope that is the referemdum is voted, and it’s a no, it will imply more involvement, not maintaining the status quo.

Btw, a cool povon this election.

There is a choice of 5 turd sandwiches, the only difference being the colour of the sauce.

Well, no Nazi’s, but they do have George.

http://www.politico.eu/article/galloway-bradford-elections-uk-ge2015/

If Milliband means what he said, this post can be labelled as Islamophobia, and I can be jailed when Labour criminalise it.

Eu trade policy is not so swell. If Britain leaves, I expect the Eu to continue its descent into irrelevancy as the German UK trade faction gets pushed out.

Off times that the SNP could be kingmaker after they lost last fall.

Well, done my bit, a sole red needle in the blue haystack which is my hometown.

Where I live has been a safe conservative seat since just after the battle of waterloo. I voted, but it was a completely wasted vote.

I have the feeling that the major party leaders all agreed to do their best to lose for some perverse reason.

HUNG PARLIAMENT!!!

Wow, the exit poll is a shock…

…in a good way!

Current Grauniad projection is Conservatives + Lib Dems = exactly 326 seats. But if it turns out 325, wow you guys are screwed!

Labour won’t be able to do a thing even with the SNP they promised not to work with.

Surely the Conservatives wouldn’t invite Farage along with Clegg in the same government? Obviously the Greens, Plaid Cymru and the SNP won’t join the Conservatives. Is there another seat or two to spare someplace else if they don’t quite make 326?

The DUP perhaps

Oh, I see, that would work.

What do the colors represent there?

Aside from the conservatives and labor party (center-right and center-left?) what are the other UK parties and how do they lean? Everyone is isolationist?

Every time someone says

I think

Libdems centrist, orange
UKIP, far right, anti-europe, purple.
Green - far left + green…Green!
Scottish Nationalists - left, nationalist Yellow

plus various tiny others

Labour is in total shock. Something very weird happened in this election. Every poll, and not just theirs, was saying it was going to be a nail biter. I think Miliband was figuring that if Labour and the Tories split even, the SNP would have put them over the top. Instead, the Tories gained seats, and Labour + SNP still doesn’t come close.

It’ll be interesting to see what happened once the numbers are broken down.

Either way, the future of Great Britain is going to be very interesting, especially since Cameron said he’ll hold a referendum on EU membership. And if that happens, expect Scotland to have another go, especially with the way the SNP is feeling their oats right about now.

Meanwhile, Miliband is a dead leader walking. The voters obviously don’t like him, and Labour has been all but exiled from Scotland, where the SNP took over.

Are the libdems to the right of the labour party? Which is blue and which is red?

Tories even gained 3 seats in Wales! That isn’t supposed to happen :D

One things for sure - outside of the larger metropolitan areas, Miliband really doesn’t resonate with core Labour voters at all.