Songs that get stuck in your head

Which songs out there do you dread hearing because you know they’ll be stuck in your head for the rest of the day? Love them or not, there are those certain tracks that stick to your brain like peanut butter, and the only way to get rid of them is to try scrubbing your brain with some other, more powerful, song or activity.

Right now I’ve got Zombie by The Cranberries doing rounds. God help me, if there’s one thing I know about this song, it’s that I’m going to be forced to listen to two straight hours of progressive metal to cleanse my ear-palette.

Apparently Kerzain doesn’t keep a list of threads that get stuck in his head.

I’m not convinced kerzain keeps anything in his head.

I figured there was a thread around somewhere, but my searches turned up nothing. It’s a shame that other thread sucks so much.

I’ve had the Game of Thrones theme stuck in my head for days.

Brian, what are you doing here?

shrug The title of the thread intrigued me.

There’s nothing to see here but abject failure.

Failure is funny!

Ahahaha!

This reminds me of that time someone started a thread that had been done before, only they forgot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxtyAC59AeE

Hayley Mills (x2) singing the Sherman Bros’s “Let’s Get Together” in the original “Parent Trap” movie.

Stuck in my head, soon it may be stuck in yours!

DAMN YOU!

Any God damned brittany spears or katy perry song…and I HATE them all.

This has been playing in my head for 2 days straight. TWO DAYS. I tried to drive it out with other music, but it comes back as soon as I stop playing other music. I am resigned to it. Its like a delightful tinnitus.

Basically every stupid pop song I hate.

Punishment in my gaming clan is being thrown in the Teamspeak channel, that has Rebecca Black’s Friday song on never ending repeat.

Its the worst song ever, yet its catchy. Grrrrrr.

I’ve got Istanbul, Not Constantinople stuck in my head today. Now you do too.

Debussy is in my headphones battling valiantly against They Might Be Giants.

DON’T CROSS THE STREET IN THE MIDDLE IN THE MIDDLE IN THE MIDDLE IN THE MIDDLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BLOCK!

My brain screams that at me pretty much any time I can’t keep it adequately distracted ever since I heard it. One day I imagine I’ll probably be found shouting this at the top of my lungs while I try to smash a golf club through whichever one of the Johns happened to be handy when I finally snapped.

It’s here, but for the love of god don’t click the link. It’s fucking weaponized audio. I mean, it’s kind of supposed to be (it was on some kind of PSA in the seventies), but still…

Edit: Here’s what it replaced. I wish I could get it back. I really do. Because at least that has a couple of cute Japanese ladies and a chicken that…has sex with your girlfriend? Boyfriend? I mean the haircut makes it a little ambiguous. Or maybe chickens stretch out all your shirts and make terrible house guests? I gave up trying to make sense of Cibo Matto a long time ago.