Songs that get stuck in your head

hang with me in my mmo so many places we can go-oo… oh god please make it stop.

You’re out of touch, I’m out of time…(and it won’t stop)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1RcRglBaHA

I love that song, but for some reason, it also puts this song in my head as well.

I can’t stop listening to The Village People’s The Women.

“They were women; God bless their souls, yeah…”

For two or three days now, I’ve had Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot stuck in my head, and I LOVE IT!

It’s all MattKeil’s fault! HAHAHA

ALL THE OTHER KIDS IN THE PUMPED UP KICKS BETTER RUN BETTER RUN FASTER THAN MY BULLET

arg STFU earworm from one-hit wonder college band

I can no longer listen to ANY Huey Lewis song without this scene popping in my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwicLgOGJOI

This is the better video for that, as it preserves the setup for the Myott joke.

“Even though we ain’t got money,
I’m so in love with you honey
and everything brings a chain of looooooooooooove…”

The video is sort of hilarious.

Edit: Makes me think of Yacht Rock, though, which also is funny.

Here’s an odd one for you. My son has been repeating it ad nauseum. I guess there was a commercial for a Shirley Temple collection on TV. And now it’s in my head.

“Animal crackers in my soup!
Monkeys and rabbits loop the loop…”

You’re welcome.

Skyrim combat music, for some reason.

Right now - Don’t Get Around Much Anymore. I sat in with my friend Elizabeth McQueen last night and this was the last song I played on. This always happens: the last song of a gig is stuck with me the next day.

Worst ever - Jonathan Coulton’s Still Alive. Suspiciously apropos, I know, but it was in there so bad I began to suspect I was going crazy. Had to load the audio into Ableton and do a terrible remix to exercise it.

2nd worst ever - Wayne Shorter’s Nefretiti - After one listening in 1989 I had it stuck in my head for about five years until Columbia re-issued the album on cd.

Honorable mention - The music of Bob Wills. I was hired by Asleep at the Wheel as monitor engineer back in May and between their shows and doing Ray’s “play”, I’ve had every single one of Bob’s songs that they play stuck in my head at one point. Steel Guitar Rag was the latest.

Also - The “breaka my stride” song.

I still have the main Morrowind theme stuck in my head.

Right now I have “Sons of War” from Two Steps from Hell stuck in my head.

Ugh, here’s mine:

He’s a gamer…he’s a baller…

Also this:

Ohhhhh, the night is young…

I got passion in my pants and I am not afraid to show it, show it, I’m sexy and I know it.

I…I…I…I work out.

No idea if the video works or is NSFW because videos are blocked at my place of business, so you have been warned.

Five little ducks went out one day,
Over the hills and far away.
Mother duck said “Quack, quack, quack”,
But only four little ducks came back.

The Muppet Theme for whatever reason always gets me.

The Star Wars cantina theme.

Not so much because of Star Wars (which I haven’t seen in years) but because of the Robot Chicken sketch where the cantina band is trying to adapt the song for an Admiral Ackbar’s Fishsticks commercial. (“Ackbar’s fish sticks from the sea, they cook so tender and flakey! Cook some up for you and me, to pass them up is a big mistakey! YEAH!”)

I don’t know why it’s drilled into my brain, but that song drives me crazy.

At least one day during the week, at work, I find myself humming “Everybody’s Working For The Weekend” by Loverboy.