Songs that have lodged themselves into your brain

I spent a couple of weeks bouncing back and forth between “Baker Street” and the Drive-By Truckers’ “Zip City”. I’m not sure what that means, but it probably isn’t good.

All the music in this video (there’s 4 songs) are horribly stuck in my head. I mean, I like them, but I can’t make them stop).

Katy Perry’s Firework

It’s become the theme song of my grad class.

Yooooooooooo could be my-ee-iiiiiiiiiiine.

I feel a sudden urge to runaround in little White cycling shorts and be a general dick.

The Clash At Demonhead live performance of the song Black Sheep in Scott Pilgrim vs the World.

After making the mistake of watching several YouTube videos yesterday that compile all the various versions of the Dr. Who theme, I now have the first 30 seconds of it permanently stuck in my head.

Late to the meme, but I was infected with the evil that is
Leek Spin
and probably have watched the video entirely more than is healthy.

http://youtu.be/1ygdAiDxKfI

Weirdly, I’ve been listening to a lot of Delia Derbyshire lately, due to hearing this long-lost bit of an experimental work of hers, that sounds amazingly like an Aphex Twin or Autechre track from 1999:

It’s pretty amazing how far ahead of their time the BBC Radiophonic Workshop (and Delia Derbyshire in particular) were, considering that was made in the 60s.

Good stuff.

But did it include Doctoring the Tardis?

It’s a Small World After all…

Elements of that song are played in sports stadiums worldwide to this day so I don’t see how anyone who knows anything about Dr. Who could have missed it.

How about this classic?

I get knocked down, but I get up again . . .

I don’t know who’s a bigger fucker: kerzain for starting that other thread, Raife for reminding us about this one or you for linking this song. I haven’t even clicked the link and it’s stuck in my stupid brain.

Chumbawamba, for inspiring these threads in the first place.

Party Rock Anthem. Cannot get it out of my head…

Every day I’m shufflin’…

Snuff’s Arsehole seems to have taken up permanent residency between my ears. I really hope it doesn’t show.

In the past week it’s been four different Lonely Island songs, three lines of chorus from Madonna’s Vogue, and Chuck D shouting “BASS! How low can you go?” repeatedly.

I dunno either.

“Physical”, which I blame Mr. Gallant for inflicting on me via the cheesy videos thread.

Recently?

WONDERPETS WONDERPETS WE’RE ON OUR WAY
TO HELP THE BABY <insert animal that I think of randomly> AND SAVE THE DAY
WE’RE NOT TOO BIG AND WE’RE NOT TOO TOUGH
BUT WHEN WE WORK TOGETHER WE’VE GOT THE RIGHT STUFF
GOOOOOO WONDERPETS

At least it’s not Barney.

“If You Could Read My Mind” by the Lightfoot.