Sorcerer King: Asymmetrical 4X

Finished my first game. Although I admit I did a bit of save scumming, it didn’t feel all that hard, even on hard difficulty, and that was without knowing that I had to use outposts to get metal or crystal or horses. I’ll try again on the hardest difficulty.

In 1.4 everyone can use weapons.

Madness. Cats and dogs, lions and lambs, etc, etc.

Absolutely agreed! If the filthy plebs can use weapons, what’s to stop them from thinking they can get other perks reserved for their betters, like Healing Potions and sufficient food to avoid malnutrition or death??? Goddamn uppity peasants.

I can get my ranged units to use bows, but my spear-type guys can’t use anything afaict. And a handful of the heroes can’t either. Is it just that there are no weapons of the proper type in the game? I don’t think I tried axes, is that what I was missing?

Sorcerer King is now available on GOG.

So glad to see Stardock releasing old and recent games DRM-free on GOG. I’ll definitely support that.

And it’s half-off, for those interested :-D

$12.50 is, IMO, a fantastic price for the game.

I was just about to post that. Thanks for beating me to it! :)

I was just so glad to see it on GOG that I had to share. ;)

Outstar will be playing Sorcerer King on the GOG.com Twitch channel today at 4pm if anyone is interested.

There will be a Sorcerer King Dev Q&A today starting around 12pm ET on the GOG.com forums with some of the Stardock team answering questions from players. :)

If you didn’t see it the sale thread, Sorcerer King is in Steam’s Midweek Madness sale. :)

Well, just got a notice from steam this is 11 bucks on their mid-week madness sale, might be time to check it out…

You should. It’s a great game.

Thanks for the recommendation, I picked it up, had fun in my first campaign, got creamed basically. Then ran through it again, next campaign went better, won the day as the wizard, lost half my guys in the final battle. I enjoyed this one. Probably play through it a couple more times with other characters, I like the length of the campaign, much shorter than the Total War campaigns I typically play that often take me 25-30 hours to win. Each of these was more like 10 and that was admittedly playing slowly.

Thumbs up from me.

Glad to know you liked it! It’s a fun game for sure.

I’d be interested to hear your opinion again after the 4th game or so. I hope it holds up for you!

I’ll be sure to let you know! I’m a bit of a sucker for turn based combat, so I don’t tire of it quickly. That said, there’s not much to this one after you’ve run through a couple times, but then each campaign does tend to take on its own character, it’s why I return repeatedly to TW.

Btw, read your review of Thea, suspect I’ll eventually pick up it up on sale and take it for a spin. But next on deck for sure of course is xcom2…

Once again half off at Steam, until 18 April. Going to give it a try… critics say it’s relatively simple but that’s just what I want, I no longer have any appetite for 100 hour monsters like Galactic Civilizations.

New patch (v1.5) is out! More info: http://forums.sorcererking.com/477873/

Glad to see that Stardock is still supporting this game.