Sorcerer King: Asymmetrical 4X

Okay, that is awesome. Might be time to dive into this one a bit after sitting on it for so long.

What does “stand-alone expansion” mean exactly in this case? It has traditionally meant that the previous game is not required to install and play it. Is that the meaning here? The System Requirements in the second link above doesn’t mention needing Sorcerer King installed.

That’s the meaning, yes. They’re doing the same with Ashes. Hopefully, like Ashes, there will be a discounted cost for previous owners when the new expandalone rolls out.

Love it, sold.

I want it nowwwwwwwwwwwww

:)

The release date for Sorcerer King: Rivals is set for late Summer 2016 and will list for $29.99. Players who have the original Sorcerer King can upgrade to it for $9.99.

I somehow missed that line initially, but that is awesome, @Island_Dog! Looking forward to what I’m sure will be $10 well-spent!

That’s an awesome price! I supposed it will be on GOG with the same kind of discount for owners?

Absolute no brainer at that price for me. Thanks for looking out for your loyal customers!

I am looking forward to playing this :)

Cool, I shall support this with my wallet.

Yeah, one more thumbs up for more content for a great game at a price that won’t even make me think about it. Looking forward to it, especially since it’s basically already “late Summer 2016”!

I still think this is Stardock’s best effort in terms of gameplay.

GalCiv3 smashes it in terms of technical merit, but just doesn’t have the soul.

Hope they improve the A.I. You can raise mountains, block all the passes to your kingdom and focus on the spell that gives you victory. The Sorcerers King’s armies are unable to reach you as their pathfinding doesn’t understand boats and he doesn’t understand magic enough to lower the land :(

Kinda ruined the game once I realised that.

I am getting closer than ever to figuring out how to use the new forums. :)

Anyway, in the original Sorcerer King, you were trying to stop the SK from becoming a god. The gotcha there was replayability. Stopping someone from accomplishing something is only fun so many times.

With Rivals, now you get a shot at becoming a god with everyone trying to stop you. Hence, a massive replayability boost.

If we own SK Classic and then buy the new standalone expansion Rivals will we have 2 executables in Steam or will we access the original content through Rivals?

Apologies if this was detailed somewhere and I missed it. I’m fine with either scenario, just curious.

It’ll be a separate Steam entry.

Pre-order is available on Steam now (with a 25% discount for those who don’t own Sorcerer King, too).

But no pre-order on GOG. Is that one coming soon, @Brad_Wardell / @Island_Dog ?

I’m not a mathemagician, but it seems to me that if I pre-order now and I own Sorcerer King, I can pay $15. BUT if I wait until the game releases and I own Sorcerer King, I can pay $10. Is there something I am not understanding here? Help me, Stardock. You’re my only hope.

It’s now $15 for those who own SK.