South Park: The Fractured But Whole

PC system requirements released. It can pretty much run on a potato.

http://blog.ubi.com/south-park-fractured-whole-pc-specs-system-requirements-revealed/

This is pretty darn funny -

That’s amazing.

ERMAHGERD!

:O

I haven’t seen it yet, but apparently last night’s South Park episode was a prequel to Fractured But Whole.

When is this game coming out?

Edit: Upthread it says Oct 17, so next Tuesday? Nice!

Season Pass: $30.

“Danger Deck”, where players will have to face the ultimate combat challenge in Doctor Timothy’s Danger Deck . They will be able to unlock exclusive costumes and artifacts. “Danger Deck” will be available for $5.99 on December 2017.

“From Dusk till Casa Bonita”, a new story where players will team up with The Coon and Mysterion to defeat a demonic presence at Casa Bonita. This content will be available for $11.99 in 2018.

“Bring the Crunch”, which will introduce a new story, including an all new superhero class. It will be available for $11.99 in 2018.

“Relics of Zaron” (costume and perks pack), available for $4.99 on October 17th

“Towelie: Your Gaming Bud” (in game buddy giving tips), available for $1.99 on October 24th

Game unlocks tonight, woo. Wife and I are excited. She played through the Stick of Truth with me and insists on watching me play through this one as well. Because we’ll be playing it together I will be taking it a lot slower (shorter play sessions, with more time in between) than I would other RPGs, so I’m not sure when I’ll finish it, but this type of game is so much more enjoyable to me when I have someone to laugh along with.

We’re longtime South Park fans that haven’t kept up on the most recent seasons (haven’t bothered with a cable subscription in years), so I hope a lot of the characters and situations in the game don’t just go right over our heads. I’m butchering Orcs in Mordor while I wait for my Xbox pre-order to unlock.

Played a couple hours and am really enjoying it. The wandering the town stuff is nearly identical to Stick of Truth interface-wise. Combat is much more interesting now that it’s positional abilities.

Downside so far: No ultra-wide support. BOO!

Put an hour in last night. Not clicking yet. The game itself feels a bit too “slick” compared to SoT’s rougher (and more authentic IMO) feel, auto-looting that barely leaves enough time to speed-read the inside jokes represented by the items, and backtracking for selfies that seem to have about 3 steps more than they should have for what they are. And I am not digging either the limited starting zone (can’t leave without enough selfies!) or the toilet mini-games. Guess I’m not coprophilic enough. Maybe I’m just crabby because the best jokes in the first hour were used as marketing materials long ago.

I’m having a similar experience to RickH. For some reason I’m not enjoying this as much as the first one. There is a whole lot of busy work and the jokes seem too sparse. The first one kept me going by constantly making me laugh. This second attempt, not so much. Also the controls have a bad case of console-itis. The escape key doesn’t always escape out of your current menu. You need to use 3 different keys where one would probably do. It all feels a bit clumsy. The tech is otherwise good and the UI is nice and responsive with appropriately flashy effects. I’m going to persevere in the hope it gets better.

UPDATE:
So I’m a good few hours into this now and it’s grown on me quite a lot. I think the pacing is a bit off and it takes a while to get going. The first few hours seem to be an overlong tutorial but once you gain all your super powers it starts to pick up a bit.
The meat of the game, the combat, is enjoyable and the entire game feels very polished.

I agree, the second hour was better than the first, once I was allowed to walk around town and explore.

The first game elicited a giant “meh” from me. Will not be purchasing this one.

I loved the first game. This one is Meh so far.

I could see how some people would still like it, but for me, has lost his sparks of brilliance and is mediocre now. Or maybe it gets better later on.

The MEH for this seems universal, I haven’t even seen in on any top 10 or even bottom 10 lists.

DLC on the way!

meh45