Space Force 2 ....Under The Radar

What are the RPG aspects like besides the inventory (trade, control over allies, XP, etc)? Is there going to be joystick support or is this going to be lame like that FreeLancer game?

Apparently you have companion wingmen that you can hire and fire.

That’s pretty much a requirement nowadays, but how much control over them do you get? Can you customize their inventory? Give them clear cut orders that they are supposed to follow? Level up their skills as you see fit? Give them your own ships and take theirs away? Or are the wingmen lame like in Space Rangers 2?

no tutorial or manual to be found.

go JoWood…

My tolerance for wretchedness must be waning as I get older. By the end of that godawful introductory segment my stomach was about to turn over. And I thought Darkstar One was bad…

Lucasarts needs to get off their friggin’ asses and do another Tie-Fighter game already. In the meantime, I think I’ll reinstall Independence War II.

I don’t think LucasArts even does games anymore unless they are shitty prequel movie tie-ins.

How the mighty have fallen. =(

I suck at this game. I can’t even kill the first two ships that ambush me on the way to the first story location.

How is this game for someone who does not care so much about combat (i.e., how deep is trading, etc.?)

Hey once they realized the Rogue Squadron games will sell way more than TIE Fighter sequels, why bother making games that are actually good?

I think one of these days I may have to learn Russian. Between the number of NEW Russian space sims I’ve seen and the turn-based strategy games coming out of Nival, they’re doing a better job keeping the PC genres I like alive than the American game industry.

It’s not that Jowood wouldn’t allow any polishing - it’s just that they simply do not know what that means and they are definitely not prepared to pay for esoteric concepts such as quality, user-friendliness or real support. Developers can deliver a polished product if they want to, but it is nothing that Jowood would insist on before pushing a product to market.

Many times I’ve thought the same thing. My sister took 4 years of Russian at UofM. Difficult language for English to learn.

Nival games often come here though…in English. Are there some good TBS games that are only in Russian?

I was thinking more of the Space sim games I’ve seen. Unfortunately I can’t find the damn website I was looking at that had a good list of all the publised and in-the-pipeline space sims because I un-bookmarked it a few weeks ago. I’ll edit this post when I find it (Basically, for every english game there were 3-4 russian games, many of which weren’t slated for EU/NA release).

1C is expanding their reach Globally. They’ve got the UK office and plans to distribute in Europe. Atari has rights of first refusal in North America and 1C has signed digital distro over to Gamers Gate. If you check their site int.games.1c.ru you can find a listing of their current projects.

Who’s tried Parkan 2?

If you didn’t join back in 2002 I would’ve called you a shill.

More Parkan 2 info please. But only if it’s in EN-RUSS-GRISH.

Sounds like a first-person Space Rangers…