Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Oh nononono, as far as I know, the base game – which already has a ton of content – is free. If you want expansions that add more ships, solar systems and so on, they cost a few bucks.

Have we talked about ‘Objects in Space’ yet?

http://objectsgame.com/

Looks really, really interesting. It’s a space trading game in a retro-future, with skulky space combat more akin to submarine warfare than dogfighting.

Not sure if the title is an homage to the Firefly episode, but – if so – I approve. The descriptions of combat give me vibes of the hours I spent starting at lo-fi radar screens in Red Storm Rising way back in the day, which pushes all the buttons I have.

It was just announced yesterday, and my nipples are VERY hard over it.

This. So very much this.

I don’t think I like your new review scale.

Yep! :) But in an indie game thread. I agree with all that is looks and sounds very interesting, fingers crossed.

lol, well it certainly is distinctive, which might be a good thing?

Nipples made Batman & Robin distinctive too. Just saying.

Into the Stars will be on Steam EA later this week. From what I can tell it’s pretty much feature-complete but need a coat of paint.

I’m interested to hear Brian’s take, since all I could find on his site was a podcast and the trailer, but it seems to me the focus is on exploration and diplomacy, not necessarily combat, which I like.

There’s a replay of a Twitch stream the developer did about a week ago on Youtube, and I’m pretty excited by what appears to be a mix of FTL and Star Trek Bridge Commander.

New game: Prog song or Title of early-access Space game?

1. Black Moon
  2. Beyond Sol
  3. Starless
  4. South Side of the Sky
  5. Rogue System
  6. Stormwatch
  7. Rebel Galaxy
  8. Aero Space Age
  9. Fractured Space
  10. Octavarium

I have been following this since the kickstarter, which I didn’t back, but it looks to be really good so far. :D

2, 5, 7, and 9

I’ll have a video of it going up tomorrow. :)

How is Metacritic going to work with this?

Friedrich Mohs already established the scoring metrics so it should be fairly straightforward to implement.

Excellent. All I could find on your site was the podcast.

That’s really all I had until I got the early access version last week. Funny thing about that too, it flat-out refused to run until I turned off Teamviewer, and it took me 3 days to find that out. Only game that I’ve had that problem with, so far.

Also, the executionable is named “Nebraska.exe”. o.O

Here you go!

You know, the way you describe the game (“space masochists are gonna love it”) doesn’t really sell it all that much to me, you know. :)

I’m just telling it like it is. ;)

So how would you rate it in the nipplemeter? “Hard, but with some extreme friction burns”?