Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

No gameplay :(

But i’m sure that trailer is exciting for all those 5 people that will be building their own bridge.

They said a new gameplay trailer is coming soon. I’ll post it here when it shows up. Or Brian will. ;)

I know this is kind of dated by now, but every time I see DAMMIT like that I feel like putting it in <JackBauer> tags.

That was a waste.

I couldn’t find the thread for Offworld Trading Company (went back over a year; +30 pages of threads!), but here is an interesting and indepth article from RPS about recent stuff:

Second option from the google search on top right :p

What’s the word on Into the Stars, which releases in less than 30 minutes? I hadn’t heard of it until I GOG retweeted about it today.

I played an early version of it waaaay back when and thought it was a bit weird, but I’ll be diving back in this weekend.

I didn’t know it was out today. I haven’t looked at it in months.

Brian, does something exist out there that would be considered Harpoon (or Command) In Space? If not, Why not??

Wondering if someone should take Ken Burnside’s work and make a game out of it, or something like Colonial Battlefleet.

http://www.lensflare.com/tsc/

That’s the closest I’ve found. Mac/iOS only, sadly.

I quite like it. It feels a bit old school in that you’re left to sort things out yourself and you’re going to fail a little or a lot depending on how quickly you manage to get up to speed. It’s a game that’s meant to be replayed, so don’t fret if you get smacked down immediately. Your second and third runs will go better! Hopefully. If you’re a habitually poor commander then god help your crew and the civilians entrusted into your care.

The landmarks in the universe you’re traversing do not change so you can make iffy management decisions, restart and try other things if they don’t work out, and once you’re really into it you can go for speed runs and such. Personally, I do not have a feel for where everything is so I’m just refining my moment-to-moment decisions to keep my ship going and maybe in later playthroughs I can go for optimal efficiency.

I typically have a hard time getting into your average space game and have dismissed most of them as something I’d never play. I was hooked on this one from the opening trailer, though.

It bores me.

Box quote.

Properly done:

“… me”

Erm, why do people still spend resources making trailers that tells us nothing?

Hello my friends, and welcome to another week of polite promotion! This week I take us to the abandoned Titancity of Misplaced Optimism in 1998’s Hardwar! I also spend a little time with Into the Stars and find it a bit dull, honestly.

On Tuesday’s Podcast, at 5:30 PM Pacific time, we talk to the developer of tactical combat game Concealed Intent!

On Thursday’s Multiplayer Madness, also at 5:30 PM Pacific, we go down to the surface of Mars in Red Solstice! If you own the game and would like to join us, let me know! :)

I’m also still looking for more members of our rotating Thursday night multiplayer crew. Our first game together will be next week with X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter, which makes this Humble Bundle the perfect purchase! ;) PM me know if you want in!

Thanks folks!

Guys, GUYS, the fantastic Pocket Space Empire is hitting Steam this week!

I am so giddy about this.

Damn I loved this game back in the day. Need to find it again!

$6 - http://www.dotemu.com/en/download-game/1498/hardwar

UIM 6 Patch - http://zedo.hardwar.info/dexdown.htm

Enjoy!