Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Sol Trader is an unique game for a specific taste. Permit me tell you a little about it.

First off its a near space game. The Solar System is colonized and various factions spring up from earth to the outer worlds. Second every person in Sol Trader has a sims like life. They fall in love, get married , have kids, make enemies, friends, have their own houses you can visit all of which dynamically changes during the game. As does the in game economy.

The game is 2d using asteroids controls but comes with an auto pilot so you can just click on your local destination, hit auto and off you go.

The game has many missions to complete mainly you use to increase faction or make someone like you. In addition you can get a job to gain credits and rise in the ranks in a factory or starport or bar for example.

Sol Trader is LOW budget. It is a one man game and it shows , it is unbalanced, the beginning game is very hard, the missions are hard often you playing detective trying to find someone who you need to deliver a package or message to only to discover she moved offworld last month to another colony then go find her there.

The game doesnt leave my mac hard drive. I play it once every few months, enjoy myself then leave it. I find it a unique and interesting game.