Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

I will second this comment. First time it happened to me, I was a little panicky. Then I started giggling.

Distant Worlds: Universe on sale at gog for $19.79 (looks like it just changed, was showing 10.99) right now.

Yeah, I totally quintuple dipped.

I wish I had the time and the patience for something like Distant Worlds, but I just don’t, alas.

I wish I had the eyes to read such tiny in game fonts, but I just don’t, alas. I reinstalled it yesterday with new found determination to learn this game, but groaned at inability to read stuff on the screen.

I still wish to get around to it, since it’s such a unique beast… OTOH, since it’s such a unique beast, I’d have to really focus on learning and playing it to get it, which isn’t something that I had much will for in the last couple of years (which is when I learned enough about what it was - and it became cheap enough for my small wallet).

Yeah, I’ve owned the game for years and I love it. I badly want to play it again right now but every time I played it in the past I eventually gave it up because of the tiny fonts. It’s been such a universal complaint that I’m pretty sure the sequel will have scalable fonts.

Damn, that’s $59.99 on Steam.

Matrix pricing philosophy

Truedat.

$19.79 on GOG.

It’s $19.99 during the Matrix holiday sale. I “think” that also gets you a Steam key.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/product.asp?gid=515

Paging @BrianRubin

Hi Brian, first off, hope you’re starting to feel better. Second, in your latest SGJ podcast, you mentioned that you use Enhanced Steam. What browser do you use it with? It seems that it’s best suited to Chrome (which I haven’t installed–Firefox is my main one).

Anyone else please also feel free to weigh in with Enhanced Steam experiences, especially if recent.

Thank you, I am a bit. I use ES with Chrome, but it works with a wide variety of browsers. You should totally use it with Firefox. It’s the best.

Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. Edge support has been ‘coming soon’ for a loooong time.

There was also a standalone version for the Steam client, but it was discontinued - which remains the biggest pain, as the plugin is so good that now the client feels crippled! :)

Oh god, right? I never use the client itself to shop. Enhance Steam in Chrome all the way.

This appears to be the first screenshot of Distant Worlds 2 (?)

Mr Brain - I see you recommend EVE: Valkyrie - I was actually thinking of getting it on the PS4, since its pretty cheap there as well. I have a hard time seeing if there is any kind of pilot progression in it? Looks great, though.

Oh - and I now have the top 5 first (Icarus aside) games on your steam curator 2017 games list! Nice list!

Gasp. Could it be? DW2?!

Raz, there’s all KINDS of progression. Your pilot has levels, and unlocks things after enough XP, and the ship’s you fly gain their own XP to unlock abilities. It’s really fun!

Paging Mr @BrianRubin , is the Polaris sector dlc worth picking up?