Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Does it have a story/campaign, or is it just a series of matches?

Just matches, no campaigns.

So it’s just mp matches, but in space and on ground? So kinda like what the new Battlefront games should’ve been?

Too bad, this engine with a campaign would be very cool.

I spotted this in my discovery queue, and it looks kind of interesting.

But then on the gripping hand, isn’t this basically a non-Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005)?

Look. If you’re going to use a trope from a famous science fiction novel, it behooves you to use it correctly. It goes:

On one hand.
But on the other hand
But on the gripping hand.

Moties had three arms. That’s the whole point. </annoying pedant>

This thread has gone Crazy Eddie.

It’s prices are insane?

One of the big inspirations for AFF is 2005’s Battlefront 2.

Greatest sci-fi novel ever! I’d love to see a movie but I’m afraid it just wouldn’t do the novel justice :(

Only if horses can sing.

I saw Star Drive 2 was on sale, 80% off, so I bit on it and the sector DLC.

And…I suspect that once again I will have bought a game that is a “spiritual successor to MoO2” and out of disappointment will return to MoO2.

You chose poorly.

Very poorly. Game is abandoned, isn’t that great either.

Twice bitten, thrice shy!

Yeah, this is his latest game, which he basically abandoned StarDrive 2 for.

This’ll also likely be abandoned.

Yup, enjoy:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/252450/discussions/0/1519260397778997432/

One of those rare times this thread actually sees turn based dragons and knights attacking each other.

my top priority for LS is moving towards a F2P version

Wonderful! :P

Stardrive 2 has a dlc which makes the game a decent foray into the genre, it’s different enough while retaining the moo 2 scope. I would not play it without the DLC which does a lot of good for the game.
He has since moved on, which is sad but how long is he to work on a single game, you can’t keep supporting a game for years and still expect to eat when you’re a one man company.

It’s good fun, and underrated by some

A developer should work on a game until it is finished. This game is not finished. Systems are flat out broken. As an example, espionage is broken. Offensive spies are so much more powerful than defensive spies, that you will lose several technologies to each AI player every single turn. I asked the dev in the steam forums if he could allow espionage to be turned off. He responded, great idea. And never did anything about it. Because that’s how he rolls. I will never buy another game from him again.