Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Cool. Thanks for the feedback. I’m going to read up on it.

Friends, welcome to another amazing week of space gaming, and we have a LOT for y’all! Our first game of the week is the wonderful and charming and amazing Objects in Space!! Our second game of the week is the unique mix of 4X gameplay both on a planetary and galactic scale known as Predestination! Finally, in this week’s Descent: Freespace entry, we make a daring and difficult raid to capture a Shivan cruiser!

Since I have a houseguest this week y’all, there won’t be either a podcast or a LAN party stream this week, but we’ll be back next week, so check the calendar to see what’s coming up in the weeks ahead! Thanks so much for being awesome y’all!

I trust your houseguest is Chris Roberts? Maybe you could film a fireside chat, clutching goblets of the finest scotch and discussing the ultimate fate of the ‘verse?

Brian I am sorta curious about 2 space strategy games. "Lord (not “Lord’s) of Rigel” (which I believe you may have streamed last year) and “Pax Nova”, which I am not sure is a Civ 5 clone or some sorta space game hybrid.

Any info on either would be super great!

I’ve sadly not had the opportunity to try either, so I can’t comment on them, but hopefully soon.

Hey friends! I’ve been insanely busy with houseguests and the like, so it’s been two weeks since I did a dispatch, and there’s a LOT of news to cover, so I hope you enjoy this one:

OOMMMMGGGG DISTANT WORLDS UNIVERSE FOR $5 Y’ALL (and some other games too I guess):

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/vengeance-bundle

That’s a ridiculously good deal. I mean, I’ve kinda made the stand to not buy anything but a very select few games, what with my ever-growing collection of great games thanks to Humble. Still, this tempts me mightily.

You can now buy this you guys!

I’ve not played it much because I’ve no idea what I’m doing, but apparently the dev recently added tutorials, so huzzah!

I remember the dev’s vision for this game sounding very ambitious. Let’s hope it’s realized.

It is also for sale over on GOG (same discount).

https://www.gog.com/game/astrox_imperium

Hey Brian, what’s your experience, if any, with getting Bridge Commander to play nice? I have it running at 1024X768 but the fonts are tiny. I can’t get the 1.1 patch to install. Are there any fixes that you know of? Help me Obi Rubin. You’re my only hope. :)

Play Bridge Crew instead. It’s a better game.

Yeah, I have that. Was just trying for a hit of nostalgia. Thanks.

Play Klingon Academy if you want the nostalgia. It’s a better game.

Humble is having a Space Games sale.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/space-sale

Hey friends, welcome back to another week of spacey gaming! We have a lot coming up this week, starting with our game of the week, the boring and inexplicable Heathen Engineering’s Terran! I also have an extra long preview of the wonderful Astrox Imperium! Later this week I’ll have videos of Pilot Unknown, Lifeless Vanguard, Descent: Freespace and even a return to TIE Fighter!

This week on the podcast (Tuesday, 5:00 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll welcome back Chris Park of Arcen Games to talk about their upcoming masterpiece, AI War 2!!!

Finally, on the LAN Party (Thursday, 5:00 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be returning to the non-violent yet horrendously cunning RTS that is Offworld Trading Company!

Thanks for being awesome y’all!

I am loving Astrox Imperium!

It’s pretty god damned great. Even the “survival” stuff like managing life support doesn’t bug me as it totally would in other games.

.Yeh, the last patch put in an option to lower the Life Support or turn it off. Default is “1” and I lowered mine to “.5”