Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

The new one isn’t a roguelike.

Everspace the First is $4.99 at http://chrono.gg conveniently.

If you have never played a FPS space game.

And if you are a M & K person without a joystick and aren’t going to get one.

And if your computer had an integrated graphics card Intel UHD Graphics 620…

What game would you recommend that such a Luddite gamer should play?

3030 Deathwar Redux

Or Drox Operative

Somehow Wing Leader escaped my notice

Can’t believe @BrianRubin didn’t think of this.

I could have been clearer, I am looking for a first person shooter space game, like I’m sitting in the cockpit, that meets my low end system requirements and does not need a joystick.

Older games might do ya, like Freespace 2 open or Tachyon. Eterium might be okay for a newer thing. That’s likely it.

I can’t imagine playing Freespace 2 or Tachyon without a joystick.

@orald , the only space games I’ve played in which M&K felt good were Freelancer and X3: Albion Prelude, and as they’re both older, they should run fine on your setup. The latter isn’t a shooter though, and the former isn’t available digitally anywhere, so I guess I’m out of suggestions.

And I am looking for a statuesque young redhead who loves to cook, loves nerd culture, thinks cat memes are high art, and thinks balding grey haired middle aged guys are just the cat’s meow.

i.e. there is no such creature.

Hey, me neither, but I know people who swear by it. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

http://www.hedfiles.net/WCR_GL/index.html

Wow!

Tie Fighter/ Xwing.

Old school question: did I imagine my playing WC1 on a 286 not having a joystick/hand graphic?

I played both those games using a gamepad and a program called Joy2Key. I don’t feel real comfortable using my Saitek joystick since I have nowhere to mount it other than awkwardly to my too tall desk.

When I played WC3 for the first time a few years back I’m pretty sure I used m&k as I found it worked better than my gamepad.

I’m pretty sure the answer is simply pick a flight sim from 90-95.

Of which there are many. Try Star Crusader. it’s amazing.

Yeah, games that are ten years old or older should work great.

Thanks @krayzkrok I think I will check out X3: Terran Conflict.

Hadn’t heard of DarkStar One, but there is a guy on steam that seems to know his space games who had this to say about it, “If you want Freelancer-style gameplay with just one ship, a poor story and boring combat, you can do worse than this game.”

;-)