Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

AAHHHHHHH

So I’ve put about 30 hours into Star Valor. It’s a really fun ‘pocket universe’ type game, the sort I enjoy for low-impact play.

It does rely rather a lot on you making your own goals (I don’t notice any non-procedural or story-based content beyond the tutorial, unless I missed something), and as with all progression games, once you see the man behind the curtain the treadmill starts to lose its appeal.

But, the core flight/combat mechanics are solid, the music is perfect for this sort of a game, and there are lots of ship models and gear configurations to try out.

Glad to hear you’re enjoying it! I can’t wait for it to leave early access!

BTW, I’ve a new reason to love Star Fleet II, via its developer - “BTW, killing captives (especially beaming into a star) is a good way to increase the crew’s morale level.” This is also a great way of improving MY morale. :)

Also did you guys know Freespace Open allows for voice commands for wingmen built into the damned thing? I didn’t until today:

and

Dastactic vid on how he sets things up:

and matrix thread that is in the video:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4481684&mpage=1&key=

I set up the mods today. It’s pretty easy to do. Oddly though replacing the EXE means the launcher will no longer launch the game, but it runs fine from a shortcut. Hopefully this weekend I’ll have time to dive in.

That is odd. The launcher seems to launch it for me. I get the little Bacon Mad dialog window as it starts up. It has been on my to-do list to figure it out for a while.

Huh, launcher did absolutely nothing for me. Game ran great from the exe though.

rei ty. I have to admit I’ve seen both and looked at them. Something seems to be missing in the 4x category with regard to space games. I dunno – moo this and moo that.

I would like something new with regard to space 4x. But its hard to complain without suggesting something better.

Gal civ 3 just feels weird. And we know that the developer of that series wasn’t happy with the initial game.

I will keep looking.

That’s cool, but I was away from the screen when you set it up. Does someone among the viewers guide you on how to set it up? During your long video, not this clip?

With the mention of SotS I just found that Kerberos has been discussing hypothetically doing an HD SotS on their forum. The discussion thread looks like it has been going for a few years, but Mecron posted as recently as last month in it. So possibly something to look forward to in the future.

A remake, with multiple cpu support and better gfx, I’m in, also mod support.

They said they would do it if they got 30,000 signatures on some petition somewhere, which I don’t think they got. I’m not sure why they don’t try a KS - it sure wouldn’t hurt to try and it seems to me that something like this would be fairly easy to scope out.

This kind of reminds me of the game Sundog, which I only played long enough to exit the space craft and drive/walk around a bit.

Welcome back to another week of spacey gaming my friends! This week’s game of the week is the recently-released fleet combat sector control game Hexterminate, which had been in the works for ages and was released out of nowhere. So far it’s looking pretty great. The new stream time is still keeping me pretty tired, but I’m loving it. Suffice it to say if I have extra time or energy I’ll try to fit more videos in this week.

Moving on from pre-recorded content, here’s this week’s streaming schedule (please remember, all times are Pacific). Please recall we’ve now moved to a 6 AM Pacific start time:

• Monday - 6:00 AM-9:00 AM, Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander stream.
  • Tuesday - 6:00 AM-9:00 AM, The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay stream. 4:00 PM-6:00 PM, space games that focus on building spaceships live podcast recording.
  • Wednesday - 6:00 AM-9:00 AM, Mass Effect 3 stream.
  • Thursday - 6:00 AM-9:00 AM, Approaching Infinity stream. 4:00 PM-6:00 PM, Northgard co-op LAN Party!
  • Friday - 6:00 AM-9:00 AM, Freespace Fridays continues as we continue our campaign in Descent: Freespace using the FSPort!
  • Saturday - No stream today. It’s the first anniversary of my first cat’s passing and I know I’m gonna be a wreck.
  • Sunday - 6:00 AM-9:00 AM, Far Cry 5 co-op stream.

You can watch any of these streams live on Twitch, and you can see all of our planned upcoming streams and events on our calendar, as always!

In this week’s op-ed, I talk about a lot of things, such as how, for the first time, I don’t feel guilty for taking a break from streaming for a day or two to avoid burnout.

That’s it for this upcoming week, my wonderful friends. Hopefully I’ll see y’all at a thing!

Friends, today was my fifth attempt in Star Fleet II to capture an enemy cruiser, and I finally did it with seconds to spare. Truly one of my greatest gaming moments in all my years.

Congrats!

Saved by the shout out to Nicole in the closing seconds haha. I don’t comprehend anything going on in that video but congrats, Brian!