Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Most VR games are made by small teams! :)

I know it’s not primarily a VR game, but it’s in a genre where VR is becoming an expectation. I’d predict an outcry if it hits Steam without VR support planned… and unfortunately it’s not the kind of thing that’s easy to hack in later.

Will there be VR support?
The plan is to begin VR prototyping later this year. Tobii Eye Tracker support is also in the works. The demo already supports Track IR, virtual head tracking (padlock), mouselook, and a VR-ready pilot model with fully articulated controls.

Oh cool, so they are at least thinking about VR while making it, a good sign

I am becoming increasingly stoked about the idea of this game. The graphics were initially a turn off but if this brings the depth of gameplay it promises I will overlook that. Any clue when the release date is? I read something saying October - but I gather from your post there is no certainty on this?

No release date sadly. “When it’s done” and all that. We hope to have it out before the end of the year.

Bummer. Let’s hope I am playing it on Christmas Day!

I would love that, but we want to do this right. No repeat of the disastrous 1.0 launch. It SHOULD be ready by then but I can’t guarantee it.

Brian, it is you who have stirred me into a frenzy with your relentless talking up of this game! And now you betray me with repeated delays! The emperor will not be as forgiving as I am!

Seriously though the YouTuber Atova is giving it a run through on his channel. Gives one a tantalizing sense of the depth. Watching that made me feel after playing it for a while the gameplay is going to push me past the graphics barrier…….

Well we could use more playtesters if you have the time. ;)

Who in their right mind would say no? 🤣

Sweeeeeet. Please use this contact form to sign up and thank you!!

https://starfleet2.com/contact/

Thank YOU good sir! Dropped a note on the link.

I saw! He’s super busy with other stuff so please be patient for a response! Thank you!

Thanks - I am super excited.

For those who may have an interest here is a stream by Atova. He has good content in general (Highfleet and Carrier Command 2 really helped me grok those games) and he dropped a Krellan Commander stream over the weekend Krellan Commander YouTube vid

Enjoy y’all. ;)

Wow, Battlecruiser…
I do admire that Derek keeps trying to get it. I like the vision he’s going for. Unfortunately I haven’t met a game in that series I was able to play for very long. Universal Combat either, which in my mind is the same thing.

Yeah you gotta admire the persistence at the very least.

Carrier command in space is what he needs, but that requires a different take on things…focus on gameplay not what is real or something…
Perhaps reel the narrative in a bit.

God why hasn’t this happened yet? I guess the closest thing we have is this series and Starshatter? I guess?

Yeah, closest is Starshatter. If you squint really hard, you could say that X4 does a bit of that too. ;)