Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

I’m very lucky it doesn’t work on my work laptop, or else I’d be constantly checking on the progress of my trading conglomerate over the course of the day. :P

So Interstellaria comes out today on Steam. Any (recent) impressions you wanna share, Brian (and anyone else who played it)?

I’ve not played it for a few months, but I really liked what I saw last. I’ll be doing a let’s play series for it next week, can’t wait!

Looking forward to that!

Interstellaria probably should have emailed people who already pre-ordered because i didn’t notice this until now and i pre-ordered early in the year probably (Before it was delayed). I could have missed it i guess, but i don’t think so.

Imperium Galactica certainly did, a decent game for sure.

Purchased the deluxe edition of Unending Galaxy and also greenlighted it on Steam. I was also looking for a game like this and I’m looking forward to diving deeper into it.

Woot!

So our podcast this week talked about manuals and strategy guides, and it got me re-reading my all-time favorite, Rules of Engagement 2.

I wish they still made 'em like this.

Yeah, that’s an awesome manul. I haven’t played the game yet, though…

I would really pay a lot for a modern equivalent.

You and I both, my friend.

I don’t know if it has its own thread, or i missed the discussion, but I’m really enjoying Into The Stars. It kind of has an FTL feel to it, but it stands on its own feet in my opinion.

Flying around the galaxy and ordering my people around is pretty fun. Having my best medic get squished by a malfunctioning door while exploring a derelict vessel, less fun.

The Omnitrend folks were fairly talented at 16-bit era OCD games.

Good find on the manual. May have to fire RoE2 up on the Amiga soon.

It looked fine, but the lack of any kind of resolution diversity killed it for me. No support running 1600 x 900 killed it for me.

Ohhhhhh, I’ve only played the DOS version. Is the Amiga version worth tracking down? Also, which Amiga emulator do you use?

Brian, did you ever play Omnitrend’s Universe (their first release)? I remember having it for my Atari 800, coming on 4 or 6 floppies (!). It was sort of like Elite, but with a lot more text. I know it was written in Forth because I would get a bunch of Forth compilation errors when it crashed, which it did a lot, usually when in the middle of docking with a station.

I’ve not yet played them, but I do plan to. Rules of Engagement actually takes place in the same Universe, and is made by the same people. :)

I know that. Universe was one of the first “monster” games, and retailed for about $80, iirc, which made it more infuriating when it crashed. That and some Sierra adventure game (Timequest?) came out about the same time and for about the same price. The Sierra game was a big deal because it came on 10(!) 5 1/4" floppies.

I believe this was fixed in their first post-release patch.