Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Brian, don’t stop doing what you’re doing. It may not be what I prefer, but it’s good, and most people nowadays prefer that.

Also, I know you personally. I can reach you here or on Twitter at any time. If I want info, I’ll usually poke you here (or there) instead of searching anywhere (even your website :-D). It has nothing to do with the quality of your blog or the way you make it known - it has to do with the way I prefer to do things. That’s all.

Don’t second guess yourself because of me. I’m the weird one. I’m not normal and I don’t think I’ll ever be, so don’t take me as measure of anything. Just do your thing, man, and have fun, because you do it well and you’re awesome.

This isn’t an isolated incident though, which is why I asked. Thanks for the insight though! :)

Brian, you’re doing great work. Sometimes I prefer a video to written text; nothing better captures the look and feel of a game. Certainly there are Youtubers who capture huge audiences without a lot of written text (e.g., Trump on Hearthstone). Do you have a Youtube presence?

But like rhamorim, I often prefer written text, because I can read faster than I can watch a video.

I do!!!

But again, I’m wondering why you don’t know that (trust me, too, you’re not alone). What am I not doing right that would prevent the proverbial you from knowing that? I need to figure this out. I’m clearly missing a piece of this puzzle somewhere.

Edit: I hope you don’t think I’m accusing you of anything, I’m not, I’m just thinking out loud really, as this is something that’s continually bugged me.

Thank you for the kind words as well, I realize I didn’t acknowledge them before. Too stuck in introspection.

I just browsed your site Brian - you hadn’t played SoTS until last month?! I’m glad you tried it out!

FWIW, I knew you had a Youtube channel…

Hahahah, the original SoTS came out while I was on a gaming hiatus, so I missed it at the time, then…the hype surrounding it made me kind of avoid it, as I was concerned it would never live up to the expectations people were setting for it. I was wrong, it exceeded those expectations.

That’s part of the joy of all this for me, the discovery of things I missed.

When it came out, it was a lot worse than it is now. It’s one of the few games where I really think the expansions added a huge amount to the game rather than over complicating it.

SotS has tons of flaws and problems but it remains one of my very favourite space-strategy games. Have you seen the wiki?

Yup, relied on the wiki heavily during my sessions. Had its creator on our podcast a couple of times too (hay Paul hay).

Maybe you’ll find love right where you are? ;)

I do not understand what that means. I have so much joy and love I wanna spread around (not that way you pervs). ;)

It’s a song. ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp-EO5I60KA

Who is that, that Jason Mraz fellow?

;) Sorry, couldn’t resist, this guy DOES sound like him though. I’ve heard the chorus of this song here and there, but never the whole thing. Thanks!

So I’m really having fun with Battlestation: Harbinger. Latest Easy score: 2970.

Gah, I was about to punch through the third (final) objective; I destroyed the boss there – but didn’t notice that I was also losing my flagship. Doh! But I enjoyed experimenting with weapons this time, and toward the end I gave a ship a repair laser. I also had an assault ship and my flagship, a carrier with drones. So I had a tank, healer, and ranged-damage dealer. :)

Welcome to another week of polite promotion my friends! For this week’s Game of the Week, I tackle the fantastically fun tactical roguelike, Battlestation: Harbinger. I also recently spent some time with X Rebirth and its new expansion, Home of Light.

I also have some previews in the pipline this week, starting with the upcoming Master of Orion reboot.

Tuesday on the podcast, which is at 6 AM Pacific time since our guests are in Greece, we’ll be talking to the developers of Wing Commander: Flat Universe!

On Thursday’s Multiplayer Madness at 5:30 PM Pacific, we’ll be tackling Starfleet Command 2’s Community Edition.

Thanks!! :)

What is this Wing Commander thingamajig? Okay, now I am definitely going to have to listen/watch. Their website isn’t very helpful in giving any description about this.

It’s a top down, 2D game set in the Wing Commander universe. I played a bit of it some time back not knowing there was a combat mission in there, so I just flew around.

Waiting for the review of the new MOO!!!

Well, you can’t review it until it’s finished but he could do a PRE-view :)

I say again! Waiting for the review of the new MOO! =)

So are previews not valid or something. I know their tone is way different but still, coverage is coverage.