Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Hello my friends, and welcome to another week of polite promotion! This week I’ve got a couple of series for you, starting with 1997’s Pax Imperia: Eminent Domain and then coming to the present with StarDrive 2: Sector Zero.

On Tuesday’s Podcast at 5:30 PM Pacific, we’ll sit down with the developer of Stellar Tactics to talk about this upcoming space tactical RPG thing.

On Thursday at 5:30 PM Pacific, we’ll return to our old favorite, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter for some multiplayer madness, and we still have open slots for it if anyone wants in. ;)

I’m also still taking applications for our weekly rotating multiplayer crew. If you’re interested please message me. :)

Thank you!!!

Hey, I saw “visual novel” and shut it right down.

Has anyone else tried Astrox Hostile Space Excavation yet?

It’s like a single player EVE mining Sim without all the ganking and PVP. I’ve been enjoying it for a few hours this evening so far.

Yup, sure have! Delightful game.

Finally getting into Reassembly. At first I was all, “What the hell is going on here?” But I really like it now. Thanks for the recommendation, Brian.

Yaaaaayyyyy, you’re most welcome! :)

Daedalic announced a new space game today, called The Long Journey Home.

The trailer is fantastic, by the way. Especially the music.

They mention Star Control 2 and Starflight as inspirations, BTW. Along with Farscape and Firefly.

I’ll have to check out that trailer when I get home from work.

Speaking of Star Control 2, as I said in the Galak-Z thread, that game is the most fun I’ve had in a 2D space shooter since Star Control 2’s Super-melee mode. You guys should definitely put it on your wishlists for next time it’s on sale. Such a great game.

WELL THAT LOOKS DELISH. FILL UP MY PLATE WITH IT, GARSON.

Very pretty. It looks good.

Yeah, this looks like the space game I’ve always dreamed of.

This does look good!

Great trailer. If it can have fluid controls like Galak-Z, I’ll be sold.

I’ll have what he’s having.

Ditto. That looks awesome…

Has anyone here played Cosmic Supremacy? http://cosmicsupremacy.com/

Apparently a free multiplayer 4x

So, did they consult you, Brian?

Nope, and they’re mostly wrong.

Oh god, I know the guy who wrote it.

That list felt so wrong.