Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

I got excited for a second. Especially when I saw the “Full controller support”. But it’s still in Early Access. I wish there was a demo, because since Galak-Z came out, if a game doesn’t feel as good as Galak-Z when flying the ship, I’m always too disappointed to continue playing.

Every Steam game has a free 2 hour demo period, right?

Gah, pocket space Empires then, God.

No sadly. :( I almost learned this the hard way. I tended to buy games and check them out and then return them if I wasn’t pulled in. 3030 was an example of this ironically. It turns out that if you do that enough Steam sends you a warning email saying that the system is NOT a try before you buy mechanism. In fact they warn that if their algorithm thinks you’re abusing the system they may decline to give you refunds in the future.

Surely Brian Rubin’s recommendation is worth a risk :)

This is a 2D top down game. The ship turns wherever your mouse cursor is and when you press W, it accelerates towards the cursor. Very much like how Spaz is actually. Can’t go wrong.

Ah ok. Unfortunately, I can’t stand SPAZ’s mouse/keyboard combination. That was exactly my worst case scenario for a game like this. So I’ll stay away from this one.

I’m going to post this in the Bargains thread too, but Bundlestars has Distant Worlds Universe for $20, which is a steal.

Act fast, as it expires in a few hours.

Good thing you’re not stuck on a deserted island. But thanks!

Looks like Pocket Space Empire is being renamed to Stellar Monarch Game Thingy because it sounded too much like a mobile game.

Not unreasonable.

Pretty generic, but still an improvement.

I would have changed it to Star Citizen and enjoyed the show.

At least it doesn’t have void or star or whatever else in the title now.

OMG YOU GUYS!

Put IG2 there and we’ll talk. ;)

Is there any reason to pick 1 if you have 2?

1 is quite its own animal, and has a lot to offer.

OK, wishlisted. :)

So, the Battlezone '98 Redux game and its Red Odyssey expansion are on sale, but did they ever make them work right with an Xbox 360 controller? Steam Controller even?

No idea, I’m a keyboard and mouse man.

Hey Brian, any wise words about Celestial Command? On sale on Steam for $8.24.

It’s still super early, not much there there yet. Wait.