Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Yes, it does. You can quite easily see what you are effecting with different blocksizes by looking at the ship’s stats on the right; green/red/white values. For example: you need to add a specific volume size of cargo-blocks otherwise nothing won’t change. If your block is big enough you will see on the right that your cargo values go up (+x green number). Solar panels on the other hand need also some size, but rely on surface - not on volume.

You can just ‘far’-select (select a station with middle mouse button and press F) all of the stations in your sector and talk to them. That way you’ll know where to get/sell what. But I think there’s always a resource station (the one with stack-of-wood-symbol) that will buy your ore.

I guess it’s good to start with a small iron ship. Meaning: scale your blocks so that they are smaller (smaller than with what you start). So you won’t need too much crew; it’s easier this way to get a well behaving vessel. And, btw, you don’t need much cargo space to start with because cargo is just for stuff you loot.

btw. There is a current beta version that introduces gyro and one other (only iron) new block, so that’s even easier to build a well ‘flying’ little space ship. Although it is a little complex building-wise because these new blocks come with a flight-assistant system that uses up a lot of energy. Nevertheless… small-ship-building and steering is easier this new beta way.

Yes, it is. But I was talking about Star Fleet 2. :)

1989!

Oops! Sorry. Totally misread there. No idea why I keep thinking SF2 = Starfleet. It’s like I’m blind!

Thanks for the replies, @BrianRubin and @MrCoffee.
I wonder if part of the problem I was having with X:R was that I had a joystick connected when I fired it up but disconnected it after.

Hey y’all, side note that my channel reached 5,000 subscribers today, and I just wanted to extend my thanks to y’all here for the constant support y’all give me. Y’all are awesome, thank you.

Congrats Brian! That’s a great number.

Woohoo! The Space Game Junkie Army grows ever stronger! :-) Congratulations!

Grats Brian! Your enthusiasm has brought me to a lot of good times in games I wouldnt have played if not for you!

Scott Manley took a look at ‘Objects in Space’ (aka Red Storm Rising in space).

They are going to be releasing the plans and software to build those cockpit controls, so maybe a summer craft project for @BrianRubin?

I dunno if I have the skill, all I know is I wanna play it so badly.

Same here. I kinda wish they’d stop messing around with the hardware stuff and release the game already.

Let then take their time and make it awesome, I say. There’s already so much to play, amazingly, that to stand out you have to be great. Let them take the time to be great.

Low res indy type games aren’t my thing but Objects In Space is pushing all the right buttons for me. Aside from Rimworld, I don’t buy EA games but I will be making an exception for this one.

MY BODY IS READY

Brian, are you in touch with the devs?

I am, but they’re not ready to show us anything yet, said they wanna keep it close to the chest and do shows like these until they feel ready to show it far and wide, which I think is fair, so I’m not bugging them.

Sounds like a solid plan.

On their forums:

Oh hey, sorry for taking so long to reply to this!

At this stage we’re still unsure what (if any) pre-release builds will be available. We may do an early closed alpha or beta or the like, and we also MAY end up doing Early Access, but it all depends on how the game looks and plays in the coming months. Right now the open world itself is quite empty - we’ve got most of the mechanics in there, now we’re just populating it - so we’ll see how it’s looking a few months down the track.

Oh and if you want to definitely be told when and if any early builds happen, jump on the mailing list. Those people will be the first to know!

L

::pokes head in::

is it done yet? Is it out? Where can I get it?

Damn.

Lightspeed Frontier (EA) is available today:

The spaceships beep when you back up.

Buy it. ;)

Quests are one of the most unique features in Lightspeed Frontier, as they aren’t issued through your typical ubiquitous “mission posting”. Players will need to be aware of the various breaking headlines, advertisements, and direct messages from people you have encountered through your travels.

That sounds cool. I wish more games did this kinda of thing.