Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Happy to help. :)

Space Rogue (the 2016 game, not the 1989 version) has received some updates after what was apparently a semi-rocky start, and it’s now on sale. As it’s been lingering on my wishlist for some time, I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on the current state of the game?

Unless they’ve changed the core issue with the game, that being it’s a fairly dull and uninspired FTL clone, then I can’t imagine it’s much better now than it was at release. I’ll try to find some time to revisit it soon though, but no promises, since it was SO boring and I have no attention span. ;)

LOL - I appreciate that, Brian. They also opened up an in-game browser for user-made content to be added, apparently, but a side effect of not using Steam Workshop is the inability to see how much/little the community has contributed without buying the game.

Hey all, those crazy Brits over at RPS are reporting that Everspace is leaving Early Access at the end of May, woohoo!

BTW how do you do fancy URLs on mobile?

has anyone tried dreadnought by jager + greybox?

Oh, yeah, this is the game where you have spaceships but don’t really fight in space :)

@BrianRubin did you get the hookup Daedalic promised? Anyone else in TLJH beta?

I’ve played a few hours today and it’s gorgeous. And dangerous. Also way more skill-based than I expected (landing on planets can be really difficult…and I think part of the learning curve is recognizing when you shouldn’t even think about attempting a landing). I did make it out of the starting sector on one run.

feel like this is going to be potentially entertaining for a long, long time.

I played a bit tonight. Starflight vibe is strong with this one.

Hey, spacey Dudes and Dudettes, I learned today that Starpoint Gemini Warlords just went into beta a day or two ago, and is scheduled to get a 1.0 release on May 23rd if everything goes to plan.

Also, @BrianRubin, just started listening to the latest SJG podcast and immediately noticed the sweet new hi-fi intro. Nice!

OMG YAY! Was so hoping people would notice.

OMG, it’s finally mine you guys!

And made by Honda who knew?

Sorry to let you know, but that ship is garbage. Really. ;)

Aw, man, you stole my joke!

Speaking of space games, I fired up Starpoint Gemini Warlords again and ran into a problem after playing for a couple of hours where it suddenly got all laggy and unresponsive to controls–anyone else run into that? I looked in the task manager before I force quit and saw that the System item (NT Kernel and System) was up over 10% of CPU usage, right after the game itself. Is that a normal thing to see? I have 16 GB of RAM installed and it looked like all told I was using about half of it, which seems high.

She’ll do. 5 past lightspeed…

Oh c’mon, the Corellian Freighter is the Honda Odyssey of spaceships.

Eh, I think it’s more like the Dodge Monaco of spaceships.

You’re all crazy. It’s the Plymouth Barracuda of spaceships.

Or the Ford…Galaxy.