Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Still waiting for a copy.

That looks like my kind of 4x (i.e. Simple)

Is it turn based?

Yes, primarily. Combat plays out in real time, but not with direct control. Like Gratuitous Space Battles, but with some powers you can invoke.

OMGOMGOMGOMG! A BSG game from the folks who made the fantastic Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy that depicts the first Cylon war and uses the same amazing WEGO system?!? YES PLEASE!

That looks pretty sweet.

Applied to get into closed beta. Given the testing I’ve done for Slitherine & Matrix in the past, odds are good.

Adding to my wishlist. Looks fantastic, and @tgb123 I hope any NDA doesn’t stop you from telling us how fun it is.

LOL, that looks like the game I did back in high school in 1979

…huh?

Kind of lives up to his name

I got a call from Decision Games today and after a few questions decided to take a shot. The good news is that I got a download link pretty quickly and the game runs just fine (I think). The bad news is there’s no manual - just some help screens in lieu of tool tips, but they aren’t a lot of help if you aren’t already familiar with the game.

A search for a .pdf manual on line turned up bupkiss, so I sent an email to Decision. Depending on the response I get I’ll either tackle this puppy or get a refund.

@Profanicus - Thank you so much. I have no idea why my own search came up empty.

Cheers man! Let me know!

@tgb123
I am surprised you did not look at BGG. I see one how to play video listed (did not watch it but maybe it would be helpful). There are also some play aids that may come in handy. Never played the game so looking forward to your impressions.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/41612/struggle-galactic-empire

@geewhiz - I looked on Youtube and found a couple of reviews and an unboxing video, but they were pretty annoying. I started reading the manual last night and plan to tackle the learning curve in the next few days. Will keep you posted.

Thanks for diving in man.

Doing my best. This is my busy season so free time is limited and there are other games to be played, but I’ll muddle through eventually.

I coded a game similar to that back in high school in 1978. Never saw anything past the uni server.