Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Astrobase Command is funded, so that’s exciting news for me.

Icarus Starship Command Simulator looks interesting…

It certainly is! Fairly hilarious too. Seriously.

Hey Brian, Steam just informed me that you fired up SPG Warlords–are you planning any youtube videos of this one? Just wondering.

For your reference.

Ah, thanks. I should have checked that.

Intentionally?

Yes!56

I’m in. Surprisingly it’s only $3.99. How can you go wrong at that price?

Be sure to do the tutorial first. It ties into the beginning of the actual game.

I will, although I won’t get to it until tomorrow at the earliest, maybe even after the holiday. I’m getting a Rules of Engagement vibe. Is that wishful thinking?

Sadly yes, but that’s not a bad thing.

Am I the only person who thought the COD:Infinte Warfare SP campaign was rather fun? Not much depth if you’re a sim-head but a lot of effort put into the space setting. I can’t think of other games that switch back and forth between on-foot and space fighter sections like that.

Hey Icarus is a lot of fun. And for $4? Good deal.

I’m definitely going to get it eventually, since I try to play all Space Sims. Other than Star Citizen, it’s likely the most expensive and polished triple A game you’ll likely find with a space sim portion.

I watched Tom stream it, and the space sim portions are gorgeous, at least, though they do look very arcadey. But hey, arcadey space sims are a nice sub-genre that I also like:

Skip to the 31:20 mark if you want to start seeing the space sim portion on the planet. 36:00 mark to see him go into space. At 1:26:00 he heads back to his fighter and has some space dog fights.

So the feeling I get from Icarus is an easier 3D version of FTL. Which is cool.

Pretty much, but way funnier.

Well I haven’t gotten too far. The last patch killed old saves. But not a problem. I’m still getting the rhythm of setting up space fights then having to get out of the captain’s chair to kill boarders. Which I love. Killing the bad guys, repairing systems and then running back to the chair to finish the bad guy ship. In fact I think it feels a bit like Pulsar as well.

And as FTL, right now I’m not focused on the end game. I’m more interested in seeing how far I can get. Great game.

Surfing my wishlist, I saw I still had Warfleet / Warmada wishlisted. Sadly it seems the developer slapped on a 1.0 and stopped updating / communicating intentions since mid February. Lots of user reviews say its not finished. I have removed it from my wishlist, sadly it looks good and could have had a lot of potential.

@BrianRubin your lets play series and recommendation are from back in November of last year I am guessing while it was still in early access. So this is what I see on the Steam page:

My problem (first world) is that our esteemed @BrianRubin recommends so many games on Steam that really looks good that I get tempted all the time I fire up Steam.

He’s the only curator I follow but I’ll be both out of time and money if I get every game he curates and put a recommend on!!!