Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Is there a good modern day equivalent to the old Apple 2 game SunDog?

What was it about Sundog you wanna see emulated? There’s a rash of 2D space games right now, one of them might fit the bill.

I don’t know, I haven’t payed it in over 30 years. I just remember it was really fun.

I am honestly not sure where to go from this. Just get Drox Operative I guess. ;)

Hard to go wrong there.

Cool, it’s on my wish list.

Did you get a copy of Space Tyrant? Apparently they sent keys out to some media/streamers of their newest build. Release is now tentatively set for July 19th.

I have it but last time I tried it it didn’t work. Hope to revisit it soon.

anyone know if ‘ancient space’ is any good?

I saw a video review of it it once, I think (maybe Brian’s?) and the reviewer didn’t seem too impressed. No personal experience, however.

Ancient Space is very, very meh. Get it if you love Dwight Schultz.

Homeworld still has the best style of starship combat IMO. But the only games I can think of that copied it was the Star Wolves series, which I also liked.

[edit]

Just remembered that Stellar Tactics is supposed to use this style of ship control/combat too.

OMG you guys.

Heh. Little glimpse of the folding chair and behind the blackout curtain kinda killed the feel.

Just saying, if I ever developed my own starship then I’d make sure to have a recliner and my official uniform would incorporate sweatpants and a t-shirt.

Or maybe a short red kilt.

… that would totally work.

Thank you, Kif.

“Kif, I have made it with a woman! Inform the men!”

This is … the errrrhh… right thread to talk about Beyond Good And Evil 2: The Prequel.