Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

So Interstellar Space: Genesis (formerly Project Space Sector) will begin pre-orders on 7/12.

Oh good. I was getting worried. It’s been over a month since the last space-based 4X tbs release.

Dude, this one is ALSO inspired by Master of Orion 2.

Moo2 was the best 4x game of its time but also the worst thing that happened to the 4x genre as a whole.

Now that I’ve spent more time with both games, I’m still bewildered that more devs don’t try to emulate the superior first game.

That’s different then. NOW I’m excited.

Explain please?

Not just that though. It is also the “spiritual successor” it says so right on the site!!! :)

Probably because we have decades of developers trying to emulate MOO2 rather than innovate and advance the genre.

Gotcha. Makes sense.

Is it very arcade-y? I’m old and slow.

But is that Moo2’s fault or the fault of the consumer? How well do 4X titles that try something different sell? I’m guessing NooMOO sold more copies in the first 30 days than Endless Space 2.or Dawn of Andromeda.

I’ve maintained that MOO 3, for all it’s faults, is a more interesting game than 90% of the MEE 2’s on the market.

If someone remade 3 and simplified the interface, made the game less opaque, I’d give it a shot. But that ain’t gonna happen.

Nah, it’s very manageable.

It’s kind of MOO2’s fault since it was just so good at the time. Now everyone feels they have to walk that line between tapping into the nostalgic love of that game while also leaving their own mark. It’s a very difficult line to walk.

Star Fleet Armada

Gosh! Between you and @BrianRubin. You’re making people consider buying full priced games in the middle of a Steam Summer Sale!!!

And it looks so irresistible… makes me regret my 2 Steam summer purchases so far… arrg

My devious plan to help y’all find awesome space games is working! Muahahahahaa

I have a strange request: help me figure out what game I was wanting. My memory is beyond awful and I can’t remember the title for the life of me. Worst of all, I don’t know if it was on Steam or elsewhere (Steam dumped my cart overnight).

What I DO recall; it was a space game, had recruitment, boarding parties, wasn’t FTL (more of a fleet vs. fleet thing iirc), the graphics weren’t amazing but not bad.

Any clue?

Icarus?

Nice thought, but no - the game I’m think of is a top-down view, not first person.