Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

It’s called Galaxy of Pen and Paper, and although it does have plenty of features of its own, it’s basically Knights of Pen and Paper in space. Mostly.

I’m playing it on my iPad. liking it so far.

So I keep tons of games I may be interested in on my wish list for Steam just in case they go on huge sales. The thing is, three comparable-seeming games are now on huge sale and I could use some guidance
Nomad Fleet for $2.49

The Battle of Sol for $.99

The Fleets of Sol for $.89

None have amazing reviews, all seem interesting, and the price means this is really a question of whether any are worth my time. Thoughts?

Nomad Fleet is the best games of the three. The SOL games are…alright…the flight game is better than the fleet game.

… it is, then. Thanks, Brian!

Out in 2 weeks, looks pretty good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1T2Ugna0XY&t=3s

That looks awesome!

edit - as a potential warning: their last project, StarFringe: Adversus, has all but died in Early Access due to lack of funds.

It’s only 5 Quatloos, but what say Brian on Dark Empire?

I’ve yet to even touch it.

3030 Deathwar Redux coming out September 13th. Looks fun.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/464360/discussions/0/1471967615869493882/

waitaminute - I didn’t know I have been playing an Early Access Game!

3030 Deathwar Redux - Intrigued about this one. Anyone got feedback on it?

It’s fantastic and you all need to own it.

I already do. Played a good bit, enjoyed it, decided to wait until full release. Glad it’s near now!

Yeah, I’ve been dabbling with it here and there during EA and they’ve really done a marvelous job with it.

Good stuff. Will definitely pick it up in that case. Is it sort of Space Rangers like or am I way off the mark?

I am going in tonight. Will report back.

I’ve also got a few moments with it as well. Gives off a nice Space Bucksey vibe.

Space Ranger had a menu driven adventure when you land on a station. 3030 had some sort of 2D platform exploration- so I feel it has more characters than Space Rangers. The space combat of 3030 is real time vs ability to pause in SR. 3030 does scratch the SR itch to be honest, that “busy space ports” with freedom to do anything and having a story behind it.

I didn’t realize the game I was playing is Early Access :O

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock released today.

More pew pew pew for you.

Initial reviews look promising. Sounds immersive and fun.

Toasters is toast.