Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Well that’s good to hear. :)

Yay!

Guys…I’m almost in tears. 3030 Deathwar was already fantastic a year ago in early access, but they somehow managed to make it even more awesome. It’s just so fun you guys.

You never fail to tempt me… Have been resisting… but the call is great…

Woohooooo!

This review sums up my experience. https://www.heypoorplayer.com/2017/09/14/3030-deathwar-redux-review/

Not being able to save while missions are active is problematic.

This bit is spot on IMHO.

“somewhere along the way, I realized I was reviewing a pretty good game that’s just not my cup of tea. That open-world sandbox is constructed in a very smart way, but filled with missions that bored me. They might not bore everyone. I know there’s a very specific market for this kind of thing. If that market is you, then market it up! Its UI is overcomplicated. Space travel gets dull, but its presentation is good and its ideas are all in the right place in space.”

Friends, the amazing, AMAZING (best space game made in the last decade, yeah I said it) Drox Operative and its necessary expansion are on Steam’s Weeklong sales this week. If you don’t already own 'em, now is a great time.

Whooooaaaa you guys.

I remember looking at 3030 before and not being all that interested, but looking at it again, it reminds me of Escape Velocity…

That’s part of its charm.

What the heck? Wasn’t that out even before Jumpgate?

JG was in beta for a year or so, but yeah, this released a touch before JG went live in 2001, IIRC.

Brian

Have you or can you take a look at this game:

Nice find. I’m intrigued as well.

At first look, it looks like a better, meatier version of Sid Meier’s Starships.

Ancient Frontier is a turn-based strategy role-playing game set in deep space in the far future. Players will explore, conquer, pillage, or liberate the frontiers of space.

My goodness. Wishlisted.

I’ve got it and hope to dive in tonight or this weekend.

Katie bar the door! Too many turn based space strategy games. Who’d a thunk such a thing just a few years ago?

The combat looks kinda like Age of Wonders III in space. If the tactical AI is as good as AOW3 that would be marvelous. Destructible terrain and cover, oui!

Is there a price listed?

$24.99 as I recall from a forum discussion.

Report back, posthaste!

YOU’RE NOT MY DAD!

Er…I mean…sure!