Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

It’s @orald’s fault! He bought a boring, abandoned game without consulting us first. ;)

Star Traders Frontiers is on sale right now at steam for 20% off. This game is pretty awesome and is only going to get better as they move down their road map.

OK, who sells those? Costco or WinCo or something? Because I’ve never seen them at the regular grocery stores (although TBH I haven’t actually looked for them).

It got the band back together.

I get them from Publix. I suppose any supermarket might carry them. Or you can order them from Amazon.

Back to sliders, but strangely still on topic: when my brother Craig and I flew out to Michigan to meet Stardock for the first time and to demo an alpha build of Sins of a Solar Empire our flight was delayed so we arrived quite late the night before the meeting. The only place open near our hotel was a place called “White Castle” which we’d never heard of. My brother ordered something called “sliders” (again we’d never heard of them). Not long after eating he emerged from the bathroom and explained to me, “I think I figured out why they call them sliders”…

I actually was about to ask why they are called sliders but Blair provided the answer!

I’ve never understood this trope. Taco Bell, White Castle, whatever. While an individual business might have sanitary issues, how can one paint an entire franchise with this broad brush? I’ve had digestive issues from high class places (a restaurant where everything was superb, except for that one time with their soft-shell crabs) and a food truck that I frequented daily in Manhattan (except for that one falafel platter). What I mean is, how could a franchise serve sick making food on a daily basis and stay open?

With an abundance of anecdotal evidence.

To be clear, I still eat Taco Bell (I don’t do White Castle because it’s not near me, and besides they don’t have much in the way of vegetarian options), but I’ve had my share of GI issues from their food. This doesn’t require food poisoning. It requires the right (wrong) ingredients, including heavy use of oils.

I agree, I think it is a much superior gaming experience.

Oh, I feel Master of Orion 1 is a superior game over 2.

Weren’t you guys at SGJ just talking about MoO2? Hold on here… in MoO2 your ships didn’t stack onto individual tiles but were individual entities, you could see the individual buildings on each of your planets, you could begin the game before warp drives had been invented, you… there were additional ship stats and a boarding mechanic… you could take over other players’ ships…

MoO1 is… cleaner?

MoO2 just seems so vastly superior to me.

Amen!

Poor man’s southern White Castle: Krystal’s! Not sure I’ve ever eaten there sober.

Just because a game has more stuff doesn’t make it a better game.

Noooo don’t go there again Brian, stay on target

target

That looks interesting. Thanks.

Yeah Krystal is pretty good if you want that kind of burger. Never tried it side by side with White Castle though.

Didn’t realize you didn’t know about them, Rich, or I would’ve said something. Just thought you wanted the “genuine” article (i.e. white castle)

Always open to suggestions. Seems that there is one pretty close to me. I will try it and maybe report back. If I’m able. :)

They’re ok but I remembered people talking about a dozen sliders for $5 when I went but by then (a decade ago now?) There were no such deals.

Great disappointment was had. The sliders were, um, steamed and onion-y and weird. There, I said it.