Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

OMG so many thruster’s on that ship, hnnnnggggggggggggg.

Since Starflight came up in the Star Control thread, has anyone heard anything else about someone possibly working on it since it was teased by Brian Fargo last year?

Sadly not a peep since then.

Between that, what the Rebel Galaxy folks are working on, and the Star Control inspired games. Good space gaming ahoy!

I still find it all hard to believe.

There was Star Control 3 vaporware back in the day? I had no idea! (This is from a 1995 issue of PC Gamer)

https://archive.org/stream/UneditedPCGamer_marktrade/PC_Gamer_019u#page/n169/mode/2up

I think I remember that. The one with the puppets, right?

Ranks right up there with the old Bioforge expansion.

Yep. I suspect someone with some sense looked at the concept before going ahead with it and said, “Nah, people won’t like that.” Shame it never released.

@BrianRubin What do you know about this???

Been in the works for yeaaaaaaaars, actually had forgotten about it. Played an early version a lifetime ago, was really promising.

Gives me a strong Subnautica , but in SPACE feel.

@BrianRubin noted on Twitter that space subsim-alike Objects in Space finally has a release date. That has me very excited; I was a little concerned for a while with their faffing around with custom hardware.

Got the email too.

Release Plan

Last time we mentioned it, we were looking at May for a launch date. Currently we’re looking at the very end of May, but May nonetheless. If that changes, we’ll let y’all know!

Meanwhile, we’re planning an announcement of the game’s launch / date etc very soon alongside a trailer. The plan is to reveal the structure of the game and the size/scope of it. So the next one of these you get will feature a trailer link and let you know just what on Earth (or perhaps I should say in Apollo) to expect come launch day.

Thanks for following my Twitter. :)

You’re welcome! ;)

Brian, Dawn of Andromeda just had DLC released, can you recommended the base game?

Yeah, it’s one of the more interesting 4X entries.

Reviews are meh, but I trust your opinion more. What did you like about it?

If I’m remembering it correctly – as so many have come out recently – I liked its variety, like how you can start without even a planet and have to race to find one.