Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

So is SPAZ 2 worth it for 8 bucks, folks? Or was it a flash in the pan?

Easily, lots to do in that game.

hey

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock The Broken Alliance is announced!

Yup, new ships AND story missions! Huzzah!

This is on sale for 57 cents a HumbleBundle

It is really fun! The writing is pretty good as well.

Word of warning though, it’s Early Access and hasn’t been updated for over 530 days. :)

Aye, I think I am starting to see it too. Still, for 57 cents it has already given me some fun.

Stars in Shadow is $10 this week…

Tempting…

It’s one of the better recent 4X games.

I might get it when it gets that discount on GOG.

sidewinder%20ff2%20package

Naw man, this is the one I have, and it’s pure USB, so it works right out of the gate. For you, you’d need a gameport to usb adapter.

Holy geez! I got a Microsoft gamepad around that time, and it had a gameport to usb adapter. Wonder why it wouldn’t work here.

So did I on my Sidewinder Pro, but it came with the stick. So who knows why it wouldn’t work here.

Yeesh, just buy a new stick at this point.

If you like, I can point out some fine Sidewinder Force Feedback 2’s on eBay. That’s where I got mine. ;)

Oh sure, but if you want help, I can single out good ones (I did buy five of the things after all). This, for example, looks great:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-Microsoft-SideWinder-Force-Feedback-2-USB-Joystick-X05-92622/153035229551?epid=141256933&hash=item23a19c496f:g:wcoAAOSw4eJbBwqz

Free shipping too.

Ohhh, this one also looks great:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-SideWinder-Force-Feedback-2-Joystick-X05-63776-USB-PC-Controller/323268204326?epid=1600611317&hash=item4b44495726:g:FpcAAOSw7kVbAyfU

Paging @BrianRubin or any players of 3030 Deathwar Redux – during the introductory salvage spacewalk (right after the opening cutscene) my scanner kept pointing to a dude floating around in a spacesuit but I couldn’t seem to do anything for him. There was a line to him from the scanner so I thought that meant he was alive, right?

I think so, yeah.

Thanks. I joined the games Discord Channel, and asked there, and apparently the issue might have been that the guy in the spacesuit was floating on a wall tile, so I couldn’t properly fly my avatar “over” him to save him. I was afraid to shoot the wall for fear of hurting the guy.

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is on GOG too, with the DLC that was just released. Instabuy for me now. ;)

Base game is 50% off too.

For someone who has zero familiarity with the BSG universe, but likes himself some capital ship combat, is this a game to pick up?