Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

I see his first attempt at funding Remnant failed.

I’m actually looking to bring the dev onto the show in a couple of weeks.

I like much. Want throw money at also.

I did not LOL. I actually laughed out loud. Thanks for that, Brian.

Picked up X: Rebirth in the GOG summer sale (link to Home of Light complete edition). I understand from other posts in this thread that it was terrible at release, but it got better over time. I read that it’s more accessible than the previous X games, which is why I picked it up. Any tips/tricks before I dive in tomorrow?

First tip is: start with the campaign. If you get to a point where you get tired of it, start a freeplay game with your preferred start and have fun.

Also, check the X Rebirth thread here. Lots of tips there.

A new trailer offering a brief look at The Outer Wilds, which is shaping up nicely.

For anyone else playing 3030 Deathwar Redux, are you getting a Windows permission dialogue every time I start the game, because I am.

EDIT: Actually what it was and still is is not a Windows dialog, but the Steam “first time setup” drill once you hit play, as if it had to do that every time. It’s weird.

Guys, the art for this Russian copy of Starlancer is so great – and SO much better than the original artwork – that I just HAD to own it.

Cool! The Cyrillic works out to read “Russkaya Versiya” which is easy enough to figure out. :-)

Ohhh, you know Russian?

Oh, most emphatically no. I studied it for about a month and learned the alphabet about 30 years ago. But I’m sure there are probably a couple of Russian speakers among our erudite membership.

In fact I know one off hand, who just happens to be a JPL team member. She doesn’t post on the forums too frequently, aside from secret Santa though.

Hah, my wife’s dad just retired from JPL! He doesn’t know any other languages, though.

I’m approximately a Russian speaker—it was my for-fun college degree, and I studied in St. Petersburg for a semester.

You made me laugh out loud in the men’s room sir.

Well done.

This was a good show - I’m even more excited about this game now.

The KS has been very successful and just set more stretch goals!

Right? I was already a backer but now I’m super pumped!

Thank you for listening!