Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

For fans of Egosoft…

Looks like Objects in Space is now available for Early Access purchase. Any beta players here that can comment on what they think of it? I wonder how much they have left to do before it leaves Early Access.

It’s fantastic and you need to buy it.

Also available on GOG InDev, for the DRM-free fans like myself.

I second this. It’s a special game.

Agreed, I’ll be buying a copy today even if they send me a key. It’s that good.

Yup. I’m seriously considering buying it on GOG and on Steam just to support what they’re doing. To be more precise, I’m sure I’ll do that; what I’m actually considering is when I’ll do that. It really is a special game.

Purchased!

Happy to hear the positive recommendations. I’ve wanted this one for several years, but I’m still curious as to what remains for it to be “finished” and out of early access. I’ll give it a try tonight.

Well, I was in the Beta. It was more than a bit unstable at that time - it would crash quite easily, especially if you tried to do something “out of order” - but the “vision” of the game is beyond solid. The gameplay is there, it’s unique and awesome. I’m not sure if the most common crash problems are gone (and I do hope savegames remain compatible between versions/updates now), so if that kind of thing is really aggravating to you, you might want to wait a bit. That said, this is easily one of those games where it’s well worth putting up with those kinds of grievances, because the game itself is so good and unique.

Installing. This and Stellaris for free from Paradox. It is a good day.

What? How?

Look in the Battletech thread. Backers get it for free. It was in the 1.1 patch notes.

Oh wow, that’s cool of them.

Whoa thank you! I was hoping it would be on GOG.

edit: I got it, hopefully its just the tutorial but there is an awful lot of talkie talkie story guff so far.

It’s mostly the opening hour or so.

I see that Star Traders: Frontiers is on sale- it’s in early access, but anyone know when it’s supposed to be 1.0?

I’m pretty sure it’ll be ‘released’ this year. But they’ll keep adding content after that. They have a roadmap, which is always a good sign:

awesome thanks! I will push on!

Thanks. It looks and sounds quite good.

I bought this today because it looked amazing. Seriously, what a great concept for a game. But I’m running into non-stop crashes. I have tried to do the tutorial 3 times, and gotten as far as about 30 minutes in before it crashes. So far I haven’t been able to save a game so every time it crashes I have to start over. Probably going to shelve it for a week or two and wait on patches.