Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

No, no, i got the joke! i was parlaying off that to what said plan may be.

Step 1 rip off assets
Step 2 get sued
Step 3 …
Step 4 Profit

Not so different from the Cylon plan.

Step 1 disguise as humans
Step 2 destroy all (or most) of them
Step 3 …
Step 4 …

The plan was more like

• Make shit up every week before they got canned by Sci-Fi
  • Somehow connect all the dots to make an ending

I don’t remember the retcon in “The Plan” all that well and was fumbling hard trying to describe it. Still love the show, though.

I believe that Ron Moore himself said that the Final Five were chosen by dartboard, or something to that effect.

I loved the show until it turned into a soap opera.

I loved the show until they escaped New Caprica. Then it turned into garbage.

I believe you’re both saying the same thing? I don’t think BSG turned into garbage, but things decidedly took a turn for the worst with the reveal of the Final Five, whatever Starbuck got turned into, and the whole “let’s all give up technology now” ending. The writers should have planned stuff out from the beginning (AKA Lost Syndrome).

Anyway… space games! Er, Deadlock is really good?

I loved the show until they got rid of the robots.

The show was always drama first, details maybe… the drama just stopped being consistently interesting and thematically consistent somewhere around the boxing episode. And it hamfisted the ending very poorly due to lack of time to think it through (writer’s strike).
Anyway, Deadlock is pretty cool and evocative, even the music is somewhat similar (but it ain’t no Mcreary), but it was a bit repetitively grindy on launch (since rebalanced, I think). I still want to play it myself at some point.

What? Is it?!
Red Storm Rising is one of my favourite games ever.
Must check this out more. (And also keep more up to date on this thread seeing as my reply might’ve been a bit late…)

You, sir, are a true connoisseur of fine games. I salute you. For me there was a serious learning curve. But well worth the work. It’s a slow game. But then so was RSR when you were hunting Soviet boomers covered by diesel/electric subs.

Every day I think about resurrecting my C128. But the video connection issues stop me. Maybe one day. If the disks haven’t died.

Cheers :)

I suppose you could play it on an AMiGA emulator to get it somewhat more “modern”.

There is also “Wargame: AirLandBattle” to give you the land (and air…- outside of the lovely TSAM/TLAM and that air-delivered torpedo that I forgot the name of in RSR ) part of Red Storm Rising (the book… wish we had a 3+ hr movie or mini-series)… Unfortunately no space-stuff in either, although Clancy has you covered with Cardinal of the Kremlin/SDI - which apparently was a terrible game.

I’ll go look at some more videos of Objects In Space. But it seems like it was more of a trade game (Elite Dangerous…) than a ‘campaign as a sub’, though the fighting part of the video I saw looked very ‘familiar’.
But, with a work in progress game (seems like GOG also sell “early access” titles now…) I guess there is always the chance it can satisfy multiple trajectories.

You should start with persistent damage on. It’s crazy that this wasn’t included with the game at launch. It makes the battles (and the campaign layer) a lot more tense and interesting than just having your fleet magically repair itself in between missions. They also added more missions, etc. It’s really good now.

Using the Seawolf class in Red Storm Rising was a lot of fun too. I played on the C=64 and I’m afraid to go back and tarnish my nostalgic memories with harsh reality.

You sir, need to take a look at Cold Waters.

Post about the current status of Alliance of the Sacred Suns - also, mentions @BrianRubin by name (well, as Space Game Junkie) there!

I’m glad he’s taking the time to not only do what’s right for him, but to do a Kickstarter. I think that’ll all be tremendously helpful.

Its still being worked on!

That looks really good!

I’m very happy to see it keep going.