Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

That’s exactly what this game is supposed to be.

Well X Rebirth VR was very cool so I for one am disappointed in the lack of VR support.

Sorry to say this, but I’d rather them focus on making a good game now, then cater for your expensive toys later.

Well seems it’ll be a ‘dedicated new project’ just like the Rebirth VR game so I can safely not buy this one!

We do care, thats why we did X Rebirth VR Edition. But we also know you can not do a VR version “on the side”. It would be a dedicated new project that takes time, effort and has to sell enough copies! We hope we can do this in the near future!

I tried to get into Terran Conflict and Albion Prime but neither clicked after about 10 hours with each game. Maybe I didn’t give either enough time but both just felt boring to me. Still I’ll be watching for reviews on Foundations and might give it a shot if people here are singing it’s praises.

I hope that’s the case, because I was not a fan of the “space tubes” for traveling between systems.

Oh c’mon, that was SO FUNNY.

After Afterbirth, I’m not pre-purchasing this time. I’m happy to see them make another game, but after being burned so badly my skin peeled off, I’m waiting for reviews.

I guess I am jumping into this late, but is Final Theory worth looking at then? It looks a bit like a HoMM level tactical combat with a 4x-lite (more war game-ish) strategic layer. Do ships care about facing for weapons or damage? Actually, is there a solid modern space naval game that cares about directional combat?

It’s decidedly meh.

X4 Foundations Gameplay Official Video from EgoSoft

Directional combat is extremely important in Battlestar Galactica Deadlock.

There are weapon facings. There is no directional shields that I know about.

I like the tactical combat, and the upgrade choices you make.

Unfortunately, where it falls a bit flat for me is the one fleet move per turn. Added to the very slow animation of each AI player taking their turn and the game feels very slow to me.

I’m curious if there are more unexpected twists in the game than the one I’ve seen, but, the thought of the slow slow turn times (for what you do each turn) kept me from playing again tonight after spending 4 or so hours Monday.

Friends, it’s been ages since I put a dispatch together, and since then, there’s been like, 60+ news pieces, including maybe half-a-dozen space games dropping on Steam just in the last week. I wouldn’t normally post this here, but there’s just so much here that I hope y’all find it useful.

Helium Rain is out of early access tomorrow!

And no one is more excited than I.

Is good, you buy.

lol - so is there a win state in the game, or more just explore/survive? (it looks cool, so I’m tempted to follow your directive)

I believe there IS a win state.

@BrianRubin have you heard anything about Pax Nova?