Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

It was just announced like, yesterday, cool your jets. ;)

Speaking of rain, did you ever get Megaton Rainfall? If so, any thoughts?

It’s from the Dawn of Andromeda guys, who did Lords of the Black Sun before that. I feel like they release a variation on the same game every year or so now? And they’re always rather mediocre, judging by the reviews? Here, they’ve gone a bit Civ5 with the planet-based stuff, so that’s interesting, but otherwise… I’d wait for reviews.

Sounds a bit like Predestination, which still hasn’t made it out of early access.

I liked Dawn of Andromeda.

And Predestination is coming along quite nicely.

I like what I’ve seen of Predestination so far. That said, it’s one of the reasons I’ve sworn off early access.

Dawn of Andromeda was OK. Better than Black Sun Rising, or whatever it was called.

Is it an spiritual successor to EotFS?

IS IT ??? !!!

I so wish buddy.

The October Vendetta Online newsletter has some interesting stuff in it. I haven’t played it in years, but I’m happy to see they’re still around.

I too am happy to see they’re still kicking.

So you guys, Starfighter: Infinity is shaping up REALLY nicely. Case in point: a fast food space station that serves as a neutral hangout for pilots of both factions. I love it.

Friends, I’m pimping this game because it’s having its first sale, and it’s really something quite special. It’s a procedural space and planet exploration game with adorable graphics, wonderful gameplay and fantastic progression. Also, no combat. The only thing that’ll likely kill you is you. ;)

I’m so excited about it I invited the devs on our podcast, and I can’t wait to talk to them next week.

@BrianRubin REPORT PLZ on this 4 year old game on sale.

Is great, you buy.

I think I heard the dev on your podcast a while back talking about a very ambitious planned sequel, right?

Yup, it’s super ambitious, but from what I’ve seen of early versions, it’s gonna deliver.

The definitive space game box quote.

Drifter is still in early access but on sale now (25% off) until November 6th (2018)

Anyone ever played it (besides Brian I guess :) )?

There must be some curse on space sandbox games from 2014 never getting out of early access e.g. Rodina and StarMade to name others.

Drifter is still being worked on, albeit slowly. I dig it.

If you’re going to make a game called Drifter, at least make it an open world game about being a hobo and riding the rails