Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Is it… like Starfleet Command? Or Nexus?

More like EVE or Nexus than SFC.

Reminder that Objects in Space comes out of Early Access tomorrow.

just need to figure how to play this and Man the Guns simultaneously.

@BrianRubin have you tried that Hade’s Star game?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/755800/Hades_Star/

I have toyed with it. You know in the early part of 4X games, where you either fast forward time or keep hitting end turn until something happens?

Imagine you can’t do that. And you have to wait, in real time, for stuff to happen.

Yeeaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh…

Looks like this one left Early Access, fwiw.

Yes, today is an amazing day y’all, because NOT only did Objects in Space hit 1.0:

But Helium Rain released a modding kit:

AND is now available on the Epic Store:

A glorious day indeed.

Cool on both counts. BTW, thanks for mentioning Spacebourne in the latest podcast. Judging from what you guys said about it and from the screenshots, it’s hard to believe that’s an indy project.

Oh god right? It’s turning into something truly incredible.

Have you seen ViSP Brian?

https://virtualspaceport.com/

Yup, it’s a VR only game, so…

I’ll download the demo and tell you what I think if you don’t mind?

Why would I mind? :)

Oh, that “jog on” was to the game, not you. ;) Fucking VR only trash.

We need a Go Fund Me to get you a VR set, man.

Feh, my new graphics card has a VirtuaLink USB-C connector. I’ll get one maybe once one comes out that can use it.

@BrianRubin So how is Star Wars Galaxies: Legends? I have my original SWG disks around here somewhere, I think…

Edit: Found my disks – looks like 3 of them? Also, I still have SWG installed, but when I run it, the launcher says “can’t find server assets” or something. I suppose I have to uninstall/reinstall?

I’m having a blast with it, but I’m still super early with my spy character.

Cool. Thanks for the feedback. I’m going to read up on it.

Friends, welcome to another amazing week of space gaming, and we have a LOT for y’all! Our first game of the week is the wonderful and charming and amazing Objects in Space!! Our second game of the week is the unique mix of 4X gameplay both on a planetary and galactic scale known as Predestination! Finally, in this week’s Descent: Freespace entry, we make a daring and difficult raid to capture a Shivan cruiser!

Since I have a houseguest this week y’all, there won’t be either a podcast or a LAN party stream this week, but we’ll be back next week, so check the calendar to see what’s coming up in the weeks ahead! Thanks so much for being awesome y’all!