Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Yeah, played a bit of Astrox Imperium myself and it is indeed quite fun, though I got a mission there to deliver things from a station to another and the origin station doesn’t have the item, so I guess I have to wait for it to expire. Sigh. At least I can mine.

Also played a bit of Helium Rain. Still love that game. And I’m thinking about a little X4 before I go to sleep. ;)

heh cheers! :)

I’m getting the vaguest hint of EVE Online from this. Not a bad thing.

Astrox was affectionately known as “Eve Offline.”

HA!

Brian thank you for raising the 1080 v 1440 issue for Objects in Space on the podcast, it was driving me nuts playing it in the smaller window and I couldn’t work out what to do (say thanks to Jim as well for providing the actual solution).

Thank YOU for listening!

I’m gonna be straight with y’all. I think Astrox Imperium might just be my new relaxing game. I’m just mining right next to the starting station. I’m learning the controls and readying myself for the bigger universe. The world needed an EVE Offline!

Yeah its a nice chill game. You can usually run your way out of trouble too particularly if you invest in the thruster boost skill.

I am still digging it.

I wish you could unlearn things. I accidentally learned a torpedo skill instead of a mining skill. A bad click. :)

Heh , well at least its cheap early on! :) Just dont forget to buy your life support stuff before leaving the starting systems and going any distance.

Life support stuff? Filters?

Brian states in another thread he will be playing “Star General” this weekend. My first thought: That game seemed so … I dunno, soul-less at the time, maybe empty?. My next thought: Hmmm I wonder where I can get a digital copy (that will play on windows 10). My last thought: Now I have to find it and play it again.

I blame the book “Blindsight” for making me realize my subconscious is more important than my conscious.

yeah hold on a sec, let me get you some screenshots. It took me a while to find where to add them.

then click on a category (they are all empty by default) & put stuff here from your hold.

Hope that helps! I missed it for hours. You are probably smarter than me and already knew this.

I was disappointed when it came out. Agree it felt empty and barren. Almost unfinished as a design imho.

It is still both of those things.

Strange really. You can see how both a starship and a planetary combat game could work… but it just didn’t.

Heh. No and no. Thanks for the help. :)

“chill” is right. Maybe i’ve had too many Sculpins but damn the soundtrack makes me wanna doze off :D

Could you describe the controls? I really liked Homeworld and Nexus [ed. and Star Wolves] and am hoping for more of that style of gameplay.