Space Game General All-Platform Thready Discussy Thing :)

Hot damn!

Where do you live where Mountain Dew isn’t legal?

Your video for Gaia is great, its looking like something special. A 2D Space ARPG caught my attention. Along with the fantastic art style.

Hey Brian, did you get a Dark Future beta key?

Do you mean this?

Yeah.

Er…that’s not a space game…is it?

No, but I saw that you had it on your Steam wishlist. I was just curious.

Oh, yeah, it looks fun.

Just started Galaxy Squad (Early Access).

Sort of a mix of FTL and nu-XCOM. The tactical combat is simple but serviceable. Space travel is about navigating between nodes and triggering ‘events’. I like the art style. I don’t usually like roguelikes, however, due to sub-optimal level design. We’ll see.

Hey friends, welcome back to another week of spacey gaming! I’m back on the content train after a much-needed break – and I thank you all so much for your patience – so I’ve got some fun and not-so-fun stuff for you this week. First up, in the not-so-fun category is this week’s game of the week, the truly awful Starship Zvezda. Later this week I’ll have videos of Descent: Freespace, TIE Fighter and hopefully more, given time and energy. ;)

This week on the podcast (Tuesday, 5:00 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll dive into the currently contentious topic that is the new store wars.

On this week’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:00 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be returning to our old friend, Pulsar: Lost Colony, for some co-op starshipping action

Finally, the folks at Sentinels of the Store – which is an amazing Steam Group and Curator you should follow – have asked me to be part of a charity campaign in which we stream to raise money for AbleGamers. I’ll be doing two streams, the first this Friday at 4:00 PM Pacific (Twitch, YouTube, Mixer) playing a game I actually like, the fantastic Spacebourne. Next week, I’ll hate-play Darklight Conflict. Join me and help raise some money for a very worthwhile charity!

Thanks for being awesome y’all!

So, you guys. You guys. This amazes me. Trevor Sorensen, the guy behind the original Star Fleet games, has resumed his work on Star Fleet II. Yes, the Star Fleet II from 1989, one of the most ambitious space games ever made, and still is to this day.

Well, he’s about to release a new version, 1.5C, with new features and better stability, and will be working on a big 1.6 update in the future with some big features apparently. I love Star Fleet II, even though I’m terrible at it. If it was made usable, even with its primitive graphics, it could slay almost anything today.

You’re $#!tting me…

Would I do that to you?

That’s amazing news.

OMG right? I recently revisited SF2 after reading the manuals and such, and found it daunting, but amazing. Sadly of course it was buggy as heck, but this new version not being buggy? That would be wonderful.

Why are you guys so excited about the 7th worst computer game every made (according to computer gaming world)? Well, 7th worst as of 1996 anyway, I’m sure a lot of junk has came out in the past 23 years to move this down to at least 10th.

There is so much wrong with this cavalcade of wrongness that I don’t even want to address it any further than I already have.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TediousFarflungEyas-size_restricted.gif

Does this game have its own website?

Don’t think so.